Cal State LA Intercollegiate Athletics develops and serves student-athletes through a culture of academic and athletic excellence. We sponsor 14 intercollegiate sports including baseball, women’s volleyball, women’s tennis and both men's and women's teams in basketball, cross country, soccer and track and field. Through our commitment to engagement, service and the public good, we generate support, pride and national exposure for the University. The departmental mission rests on five core values:
- Academic Excellence: providing the necessary resources to allow student-athletes to perform, achieve and excel in their academic endeavors
- Student-Athlete Welfare: creating a culture that fosters personal growth and instills leadership skills in student-athletes
- Compliance: monitoring NCAA, CCAA and University rules and regulations to protect Cal State LA and its constituents
- Fiscal Soundness: ensuring all expenditures are made with the best interest of the student-athletes and the greater campus community
- Championships: competing at the highest level and winning conference and national championships
Your gift is critical to helping Cal State LA Intercollegiate Athletics achieve excellence on the field and in the classroom. Thank you for your support.
- Constructing Rosie Casals/Pancho Gonzalez Tennis Center
- Establishing and growing the Golden Eagle Club
- Athletics Hall of Champions
- Hall of Fame Room renovation
- Renovating Jesse Owens Track
- Enhancing Reeder Field
Daryl Gross, Ph. D.
Executive Director, Intercollegiate Athletics