Résumés & Cover Letters
Think of your résumé and cover letter as your personal marketing materials. They highlight how your strengths and skills fit the job and needs of the organization. Get the skills to write effective résumés and cover letters.
- OptimalResume – helps you build your résumé based on a variety of formatting styles.
Guides & Presentations
- How to Impress Employers with Your Résumé and Cover Letter (presentation) (Résumé and Cover Letter Word version)
- Résumé Writing Checklist and Samples (handout)
- Cover Letter Samples (handout)
- Cover Letters and Thank You Letters (handout)
We offer workshops each semester that address cover letters and résumés. Look for them and sign up on Handshake.
Drop in during virtual group advising to ask your initial questions or start the conversation, whether it’s related to résumés, interviews, internships and job searching or general career planning. Learn with and from your peers as career advisors help you form an initial strategy.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month
- 12 p.m.
Work on an individual basis with a career advisor who will guide you through every step of the Career Development Journey and provide you with an understanding of what is important to reach your career goal and become a professional.
Email [email protected] or call 323-343-3237 to schedule an appointment.