A Step-By-Step Guide
Ordering quality items that include the Cal State LA brand can strengthen our brand internally and externally. Please follow the six steps below to ensure our brand remains strong. If you have questions about this process, please email [email protected].
Step 1: Select your product*
Review the list of licensed vendors and identify companies that sell the product you would like to purchase. If multiple vendors offer the product, please identify three vendors.
Step 2: Research pricing and obtain quotes
To ensure you receive the most competitive price for your product, we encourage you to get at least three quotes from different vendors. There are a lot of variables that determine product pricing. To obtain an accurate quote, be sure to ask about set-up fees, shipping charges, rush charges (if applicable), additional color/imprint charges, and more. Also, please be aware that global supply issues may cause delays and limit the availability of certain items.
Step 3: Choose a vendor and ask for a sample
After you’ve evaluated various vendors and quotes, select your preferred vendor and ask them to ship you a sample of the product you would like. This will help you determine if the product meets your expectations and represents the Cal State LA brand well.
Step 4: Finalize your artwork
You have two options:
- Reference the CLC Cal State LA logo sheet to identify the logo number to give your vendor. Note: not all departments are authorized to use the athletics logos or university seal.
- Submit an email to [email protected] if you need guidance with the design for your project. In some cases, we will suggest using your department or college lock-up, and in other cases, we will work with you on an alternate design.
Step 5: Obtain final approval from Communications and Public Affairs
Cal State LA’s procurement office will not issue payment to a vendor unless you have received prior approval from Communications and Public Affairs. To receive approval, please follow these steps:
- Send a design proof produced by the vendor to [email protected]. Please allow 3-5 business days for approval. Approvals are required for all items, including items that you are re-ordering.
- The Office of Communications and Public Affairs reviews and will reply with any needed revisions.
- If revisions are needed, you will need to send your revised vendor-produced proof to [email protected].
- The Office of Communications and Public Affairs will send you an approval email if no further changes are needed.
- Forward the approval to procurement, along with the final approved artwork, to help expedite the processing of your requisition/PO or your procurement card purchase.
Step 6: Finalize the order with your vendor
Once you have obtained all necessary approvals, you may proceed with your order. After you complete this step, your vendor must submit the design to Learfield for approval, but if you have followed the steps above, you should not encounter delays.
*To order table covers, please email [email protected].