CAL STATE L.A PARKING SERVICES IS HERE TO HELP PROVIDE A WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR VISITORS.
Cal State LA’s Parking Services is a self-supporting entity which does not receive state general funds to operate, maintain and construct new parking facilities. All guests and visitors not performing state business MUST pay to park on campus.
For visitors not performing state business, departments may purchase and reserve parking permits through the parking reservation process by providing a chargeback account number.
Please take the following parking information into consideration when inviting visitors and planning events at Cal State LA
Typical guests who qualify for no-cost parking permits:
•Guest speaker in academic courses
•Major donors of the university sanctioned by the Office of the President or Institutional Advancement
•Interview candidates for state positions
•Campus advisory groups, officially sanctioned by the university
•Dignitaries or government officials visiting the campus in an official capacity
•Volunteer employees providing a service to the University who are not receiving any form of class credit or compensation
•Non-paid persons visiting the campus for the purpose of transacting official state business
Typical visitors required to pay to park:
•Emeritus faculty and staff
•Attendees of all types of camps
•Attendees of instructional activities for credit/no credit
•Visitors of faculty and staff (not performing state business as described above)
•Attendees of non-Cal State L.A. special events
Campus departments may make parking reservations in advance for visitors who are required to pay for parking. A chargeback account number must be provided at the time the reservation is made. The rate is $8.60 per day per vehicle, which includes an administrative processing fee.
Visitors may also pay to park on the day of the event by purchasing a daily parking permit from a permit machine located in designated campus parking lots and parking structures.
*Hourly rates cannot be purchased through Parking Reservations.
Daily Permit Rates
Length of Time/Rate
1 hour (Lot 4A located by Administration and Student Union only ) - $2
4 hours - $4
All Day - $8
2-Wheel - $2
TO MAKE PARKING RESERVATIONS CALL (323) 343-3704, SEND YOUR REQUEST BY EMAIL OR FAX YOUR REQUEST TO EXT. (323) 343-6475.
SPECIAL EVENT PARKING INFORMATION:
- A two week period is required for processing parking arrangements for an event. The Event Parking Request Form must be submitted to Parking Services 14 calendar days prior to the date of the event.
- The request form can be submitted via email or printed and faxed to (323) 343-3724. A hard copy also should be sent to Parking Services, Public Safety Building.
- Off-peak parking times when the most parking is available at Cal State L.A. are Fridays, weekends, holidays, semester breaks and Summer session.
- To avoid potential parking issues, off-peak times should be considered before scheduling a large event.
- Event sponsors are responsible for informing all participants of parking location and costs, if any.
University sponsored activities or events may be approved to have parking fees waived. To see if you qualify, submit a Parking Waiver Request Form fourteen calendar days before your event. This form can be submitted via email or submitted to the Event Parking Coordinator at the Welcome Center.
What Services Are Available For Special Event Parking?
Cal State L.A. Parking Services provides:
- parking lot staffing to cordon off parking spaces
- set directional signage for your event
- greet visitors
- allow access to a parking lot with the appropriate parking permit.
- information booth staffing (beyond normal hours) to give directions and distribute parking permits.
*Charges will be assessed for the above services and signage may be needed.
For assistance with special event parking please contact Parking Events at (323) 343-3704.
All above information is subject to change without further notice.
Explore Parking & Transportation Services
For more parking and transportation information and updates, like us on Facebook