Welcome to M.S. in Counseling (Rehabilitation Counseling)
Rehabilitation Counseling is a helping profession that provides services to economically and socially disadvantaged people who have physical, emotional, and/or intellectual disabilities. Rehabilitation Counselors help people with disabilities gain satisfying employment, consistent with their interests, and within their limitations. Cal State LA graduates in Rehabilitation Counseling obtain outstanding career employment in a diversity of human services settings.
As graduates from the Master of Science degree in Counseling, Option in Rehabilitation Counseling, one may find work as:
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Career or Vocational Counselor
- College Career Planning Counselor
- College Instructor
- Disabled Student Services Coordinator
- Expert Witness for Social Security, Marriage Dissolution, Personal Injury, and/or Wrongful Death Cases
- Employment Officers for Veterans Affairs
- Grant Administrator
- Rehabilitation Student Coordinator
- Rehabilitation Agency Director
- Learn about current issues, practices, and directions in rehabilitation counseling and the ability to inquire into these.
- Develop knowledge and skills in educational research; develop analysis and reflection skills and written and oral communication.
- Identify and analyze topics of importance in current educational conversations and debates for critical issues related to counseling.
- Enhance commitment to the profession.
- Increase their confidence to serve the community with disabilities.
- Improve their ability to manage and assess clients’ needs and rehabilitation potential.
- Augment the capacity to think reflectively about their ability to serve as rehabilitation counselors.
- Increase capacity to become an agent of change in the field of rehabilitation
Master of Science Degree in Counseling Rehabilitation Counseling