Medi-Cal is a Medicaid public health program for California's low-income individuals and persons with disabilities.
Medi-Cal is one of the health care programs in the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS). Similar programs are available in every state government. Medi-Cal is financed equally by the state and federal governments.
If you are recipient of one of the following public programs, you are automatically qualify for Medi-Cal.
Or meeting one of the following criteria
- 65 years of age
- 21 years old or younger
- Skilled Nursing Home or Intermediate care home
- Limited Refugee Status
- Parents or relatives caring a child under age 21 if:
- Child’s one parent died or not living with a child
- Child’s parents cannot carry independent living
- Child’s parents lost a job or cannot work enough hours
- Breast Cancer or Cervical Cancer
If you believe you meet one of the criteria above, contact local county office or apply online at www.benefitscal.org.