Visit Health Watch for COVID-19 updates. Find Employee Return to Campus and Student Return to Campus information.
Emergency Notification

Use of Facilities

Special Events and Facility Reservations

Cal State LA has various venues available to hold all types of events from small meetings to film shoots and conferences. Use of Facilities will provide your organization with assistance in ensuring your event on campus is successful. While instructional programs and University events have priority over the use of space, Cal State LA welcomes outside events that are closely related to the mission of the University.

Use of Facilities and event reservations are pursuant to the policies and procedures of Administration Policy 505 and are applicable to all University units, including auxiliary organizations, recognized University-affiliated organizations, and all off-campus groups or individuals.

Facilities Available for Rent

Athletics Spaces

At the Billie Jean King Sports Complex

  • University Gymnasium
  • University Stadium
  • Reeder Baseball Field
  • Swimming Pool
  • Tennis Courts

Instructional Spaces

  • Classrooms
  • Lecture Halls
  • Activity Rooms
  • Performances Spaces (Overseen by A&L Productions)

Exterior Spaces

  • Main Walkway
  • Greenlee Plaza
  • Ferguson Courtyard
  • King Hall Courtyard


All forms pertaining to Use of Facilities are listed below.

External Space Reservation

External Space Reservation Request Form (Student Clubs and Orgs)
This form shall only be submitted by recognized student organizations needing space for tabling or an outdoor event on the main walkway or all exterior spaces outside the U-SU.

External Space Reservation Request Form (On-Campus Departments Only)
This form shall be submitted by all on-campus departments or course-related projects needing space for tabling or an outdoor event on the main walkway or all exterior spaces outside the U-SU.

Check out the step-by-step guide on how to submit an External Space Request through Docusign.

Event Registration Form

Event Registration Form (Off-Campus Groups Only)
This form shall be submitted by all third-party organizations requesting space on campus for an event. The Use of Facilities office will contact the event sponsor for space availability and next steps.

Please refer to AP 505 for more information on policies and procedures.

Film Requests

Please refer to the Office of Communication and Public Affairs website for all on-campus film request forms.

Amplified Sound Request

Amplified Sound Request Form
This form shall be submitted for all groups (on-campus or off-campus organizations) holding events with amplified sound. Amplified sound includes, but is not limited to, speakers of any kind, amplifiers, music, microphones, etc.

Please refer to AP 505 for more information on policies and procedures.

Temporary Food Permit

Temporary Food Permit Application
A Temporary Food Permit is required for all organizations planning to distribute or sell any food or beverages on campus from an outside vendor. Approvals from University Auxiliary Services, (UAS) and Environmental Health & Safety/Risk Management (EH&S) are required.

Walkway Diagrams

Making an external space reservation? Refer to the diagrams below and specify the location on the form.

Each numbered square on the diagram refers to one 10'x10' space.


I am a staff member, faculty member, or part of a recognized student organization, how do I book space for an event?

If you are a staff or faculty member and representing an on-campus department, you will be required to reserve space through the respective building administrator or through your department scheduler for use of instructional space.

If you are representing a recognized student organization, all reservation requests for bi-weekly meetings and external events must go through U-SU Information and Event Services. All events must be registered through the Center for Student Involvement. If you are looking to reserve an athletic facility, please contact the Athletics department.

For large events, it is highly recommended you attend a Use of Facilities committee meeting in order to inform the respective departments of event details. Please contact the Facilities Use Coordinator for more information.

**Please note food is not allowed in the classrooms for student organization general meetings.

**All events involving amplified sound (music, microphone, DJ, etc) require an approved amplified sound permit.

I am an off-campus organization, how do I book space for a special event?

Complete and submit an Event Registration Form or submit all general inquiries to [email protected]. The Facilities Use Coordinator will notify you of availability and provide you with further information on the lease agreement, certificate of liability insurance requirements, and current rates. For large events, organizations will need to attend a Use of Facilities committee meeting to discuss logistics with on-campus departments involved with special events.

For the Golden Eagle Ballrooms or Golden Eagle Hospitality, please call: (323)-343-6770

For the U-SU Information and Event Services, please call: (323)-343-2465

I am a location scout and would like to view the campus for a potential shoot. (film, commercial, TV, or still photography) Do I need an appointment to see possible locations on campus?

Yes, please contact the Facilities Use Coordinator and schedule a site visit. Please specify the preferred locations.*

*Note: Not all locations may be accessible. Classes, students, staff or any University business operations may not be disturbed while on the site visit.

How do I film or hold a still photography shoot on campus?

All filming requests require an application to be submitted. Please visit the filming requests page for more information on the process of filming requests for students and non-students.

Fees are associated for any commercial film project or still photography shoot by organizations not sponsored by the University. If you plan on filming on campus, please contact [email protected] for more information and reservation availability.

I would like to utilize the free speech area, how do I make a reservation?

If you are part of a non-profit organization, you do not need a reservation to utilize the free speech area on our main walkway. Please check in at Administration 819 with the Office of Communications and Public Affairs and provide your contact information before you start tabling. Any use of amplified sound requires prior approval from the University. Distribution of all materials is the responsibility of the event sponsor. Any distribution of outside food must be pre-approved by UAS and EH&S.

If you are not a registered non-profit organization, please contact the Facilities Use Coordinator to make a reservation.

For more information on Time, Place, and Manner of Free Expression please see Administrative Policy P007 or contact the Facilities Use Coordinator.

If I am having an event on campus, am I able to market my event and post flyers on campus?

Please refer to the Campus Posting Policy for posting specifications and guidelines.