After School Study Hall - Fall 2021 (Postpone) Participants attend study hall at their respective high school three days a week for one hour after school. During study hall, the participants receive tutoring and academic advising. School supplies and snacks are provided.
Saturday Academy - Participants attend 18 Saturday Academy sessions at Cal State LA where they receive supplemental instruction in English, math, and science. School supplies and a meal are provided.
- September 25th
- October 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th,
- November 6th, 13th, and 20th
- January 22nd, 29th
- February 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
- March 2th, 19th, 26th
Parent and Student Workshops
- Thursday, October 7, 2021 - Financial Literacy Workshops
- Thursday, January 13, 2022 - College Awareness Workshops
Student Enrichment Activities - Participants visit 2-4 universities every year. In addition, the participants have the opportunity to attend student conferences and workshops where they receive information about financial aid, college admissions requirements, SAT/ACT preparation, leadership development, and multicultural awareness.
- September 16th - Los Angeles 9th/10th
- October 15th - Pasadena 9th/10th
- February 19th-21st Senior Retreat - Class of 2022
- February 21th Los Angeles and Pasadena 9th/10th
- April 4th - 8th - Pasadena 11th Spring Break Retreat
- April 11th - 15th - Los Angeles 11th Spring Break Retreat
- May 4th - Upward Bound Graduation Ceremony - Class of 2022
Academic Advising - Participants work closely with an Academic Advisor who provides academic guidance throughout their high school years and beyond. The Academic Advisor is responsible for tracking participants' academic progress and ensuring that every participant is on a college track from the moment they are admitted into the program.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Student/Parent Orientation – Los Angeles Programs
- Thursday, June 16, 2022
Student/Parent Orientation – Pasadena Programs
- June 20 – July 29, 2022
- July 9 – July 22, 2022
- Friday, July 29, 2022
Summer Program 2022 Closing Ceremony
Application and Information
If you are currently in the 8th, 9th or 10th grade and meet the eligibility requirements, you may apply to be a participant of the Cal State LA. Upward Bound Programs. Acceptance into the program is based on the following: complete application packet, eligibility requirements, and interview process.