Cal State LA is planning for the University community’s return to campus for fall 2021. This will be done with health and safety as our top priority. This page will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.
Keeping Cal State LA Safe and Healthy
Employee Vaccination Verification
Beginning Aug. 9, employees may verify their vaccination status by logging into the MyCalStateLA portal and clicking on the new COVID-19 Employee Self-Certification button. You will then confirm your vaccination status and upload supporting documentation.
COVID-19 Safety Training for Employees
We recommend COVID-19 safety training for employees who plan to return to campus to work or to pick up materials.
All Cal State LA employees shall conduct a self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving on campus.
Learn about the California State University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement for students, faculty, and staff.
Hazard Incident Report
Report an unsafe condition or violation of any health and safety related campus policies.
- The Spot: Now open
- University Bookstore: Now open
- University Library, ITS Help Desk and Annex: Now open
- Starbucks: Now open
- Cal State LA Federal Credit Union: Now open
- Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center: Now open
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need to come back to campus to work?
Many employees returned to on-campus work beginning in July; however, your weekly schedule will be determined by your supervisor. In general, you can expect work may be hybrid and build toward greater openness by the fall. We recommend COVID-19 safety training for employees who plan to return to campus to work or to pick up materials.
Do I need to wear a face mask or practice physical distancing while working on campus?
The University continues to require all employees to wear face mask while working indoors or in a vehicle, unless you are working alone. Face masks are recommended outdoors in crowded settings. Face masks are available to all employees. You can request an N95 respirator mask to wear voluntarily (vaccinated or not) on the Risk Management and EHS website using the N95 Respirator Request Form for Voluntary Use.
Physical distancing and barrier requirements have been eliminated. However, if you have removed your face mask to eat or drink, physical distancing is required.
- September 14, 2021 - On-campus vaccination clinics, Sept. 15-16
- September 10, 2021 - Message from the President to Faculty and Staff
- September 8, 2021 - COVID-19 Update
- September 2, 2021 - Message from HRM to employees regarding COVID-19 Self-Certification
- August 24, 2021 - Get vaccinated on campus this week
- August 23, 2021 - Message to Academic Affairs: Welcome to Fall 2021
Planning by Area