Cal State LA is planning for the University community’s return to campus for fall 2021. This will be done with health and safety as our top priority. This page will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.
Several planning committees of stakeholders from across the University have worked together to decide key points about returning to campus.
Keeping Cal State LA Safe and Healthy
COVID-19 Safety Training for Employees
All employees who return to campus to work or to pick up materials are required to take COVID-19 safety training before they can return to campus.
All Cal State LA employees shall conduct a self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving on campus.
Learn about the California State University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement for students, faculty and staff who will be physically present on campus or at any university location in the fall.
Hazard Incident Report
Report an unsafe condition or violation of any health and safety related campus policies.
- The Spot: Now open
- University Bookstore: Now open
- University Library, ITS Help Desk and Annex: Now open
- Everytable: Late July
- Starbucks: Aug. 2
- Cal State LA Federal Credit Union: Aug. 2
- Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center: Aug. 23
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need to come back to campus to work?
Most employees will return to on-campus work beginning in July; however, your weekly schedule will be determined by your supervisor. In general, you can expect work may be hybrid and build toward greater openness by the fall. Before returning to work, all employees are first required to take COVID-19 safety training.
Do I need to wear a face covering or practice physical distancing while working on campus?
The University continues to require all employees to wear face coverings while working indoors or in a vehicle, unless you are working alone. Face coverings are not required outdoors. Face coverings are available to all employees. You can request an N95 respirator to wear voluntarily (vaccinated or not) on the Risk Management and EHS website using the N95 Respirator Request Form for Voluntary Use.
Physical distancing and barrier requirements have been eliminated. However, if you have removed your face covering to eat or drink, physical distancing is required.
- July 29, 2021 - Details about the CSU COVID-19 vaccination requirement for employees
- July 27, 2021 - Message from the President regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement
- June 30, 2021 - Updates on campus protocols and Return to Campus website
- June 11, 2021 - Message to Academic Affairs regarding extended building hours
- June 2, 2021 - Campus Access Message to Academic Affairs
- June 1, 2021 - Return to Campus Message from the Provost
Planning by Area