Visit Health Watch for COVID-19 updates. Find Employee Return to Campus and Student Return to Campus information.
Cal State LA continues to support the University community’s return to campus with health and safety as our top priority. This page will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.
Keeping Cal State LA Safe and Healthy
Employee Vaccination Verification
Students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster. Employees may verify their vaccination status by logging into the MyCalStateLA portal, clicking HRM, and clicking on the COVID-19 Employee Self-Certification button. You will then confirm your vaccination status and upload supporting documentation. Find FAQ about the vaccination requirement on Health Watch.
COVID-19 Safety Training for Employees
We recommend the COVID-19 safety training for employees who are working on campus.
All Cal State LA employees shall conduct a self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving on campus.
Learn about the California State University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement for students, faculty, and staff.
Hazard Incident Report
Report an unsafe condition or violation of any health and safety related campus policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to wear a face mask while working on campus? What kind do I need to wear?
Masks are required in indoor classrooms, labs, and health care settings on campus. Masks are no longer required in other indoor spaces, such as the University Library, offices, hallways, eateries, and other non-classroom spaces on campus. Students, faculty, staff, and visitors are always welcome to wear a mask. Learn more about face masks.
Surgical masks are located in dispensers throughout campus. N95 respirators are available upon request. You can request an N95 respirator on the Risk Management and EHS website using the N95 Respirator Request Form (Online).
Are COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters required?
Yes. The CSU requires COVID-19 vaccinations. This means that Cal State LA faculty, staff and students must certify that they are vaccinated and boosted or request a medical or religious exemption. The requirement is mandatory. Find more information in our COVID-19 Vaccination FAQ.
- August 16, 2022 - COVID-19 vaccination, booster clinics on campus Aug. 18 and 23
- April 15, 2022 - Get a COVID-19 booster shot on campus next week on April 21
- April 4, 2022 - Get a COVID-19 booster shot on campus tomorrow, April 5
- March 16, 2022 - Get a COVID-19 booster at Cal State LA on March 8 or 22
- March 7, 2022 - Get a COVID-19 booster at Cal State LA on March 8 or 22
- March 3, 2022 - Face mask requirements on campus
- February 24, 2022 - Employees: Reminder to upload COVID-19 booster proof
- February 17, 2022 - Employee instructions for uploading COVID-19 booster proof
- February 16, 2022 - COVID-19 face mask requirements
Planning by Area