COVID-19 Vaccination Information
Cal State LA strongly encourages students, faculty and staff to receive vaccinations as soon as possible. Please plan to get vaccinated so you’ll be in compliance with the CSU’s COVID-19 vaccination policy and ready for the start of the new semester. The policy requires that everyone on campus or in any university facility or program provide proof of vaccination or get tested at least once a week. There are many opportunities to receive the vaccine.
On-Campus COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics
Cal State LA and AltaMed are hosting a series of free COVID-19 vaccination clinics on campus. These clinics offer another opportunity for you to meet the CSU's vaccination requirement for the fall. The pop-up clinics are open to Cal State LA students, faculty and staff.
Although you are not required to make an appointment, we encourage you to select your preferred time. First shots of Pfizer and single shots of the Johnson & Johnson vaccines will be available.
The vaccine is free regardless of your health insurance status or your immigration status. No questions will be asked about immigration status.
The University is offering these clinics through a partnership with AltaMed. AltaMed staff will administer the shots. Upcoming clinics are scheduled for:
- Sept. 15, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sept. 16, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To get vaccinated at the pop-up clinics:
- Visit the MyTurn website and select “Make an appointment.” (Appointments are optional, but strongly encouraged.)
- Use the access code BWGXDN5GFD when prompted.
- Enter the address 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032.
- Options will appear for each date indicating the vaccine offered: AltaMed Cal State LA (Pfizer) and AltaMed Cal State LA (J&J).
- Select an appointment to receive the vaccine of your choice on your desired date.
- Come to the Main Walkway on campus, across from the Student Health Center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Bring a document or ID that includes your first and last name.
You’re welcome to bring friends and family who are not vaccinated. If you’re already vaccinated, please share this information with someone who isn’t.
State and Local Government
COVID-19 vaccination appointments can be made at county vaccination sites, city vaccination sites, as well as state vaccination sites using the MyTurn scheduling system or by calling (833) 422-4255. You can also contact your medical provider for vaccination information.
AltaMed Community Vaccination Events
AltaMed is hosting community vaccination events in collaboration with multiple community organizations and businesses. No appointment is required. Anyone 12 years or older, whether they are a patient or not, can get a vaccine, while supplies last. The vaccine is free regardless of your immigration or health insurance status. The first 50 vaccinated at one of its community events are eligible to receive a gift card. All locations offer the Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Learn more about the upcoming community vaccination events.