Cal State LA's We Are Healthy LA initiative is a collaboration with government and community partners to provide basic needs and help ensure health and safety during the pandemic for students and the community beyond the University's campus.
What We Do
COVID-19 Vaccine Center
Cal State LA was the site of a COVID-19 mass vaccination center, operated by FEMA and the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services and later the city of Los Angeles. We now offer pop-up vaccine clinics in partnership with our community partners, including Altamed and QueensCare Health Centers.
Our food distributions have provided more than 120 tons of food to about 5,000 families in our communities that have been impacted by the COVID-19 economic crisis.
COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Information
Find information about where to get free COVID-19 vaccines and tests in Los Angeles County.
Cal State LA has partnered with federal, state and local governments, organizations and companies to provide the community with events and services through We Are Healthy LA.
- YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
- Southeast-Rio Vista YMCA
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda L. Solis
- Los Angeles County Department of Health Services
- Los Angeles County
- Governor Gavin Newsom
- California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- QueensCare Health Centers
- Southeast Los Angeles Collaborative
- Optimum Seismic Inc.