1. Hybrid imaging and sensing platform. A novel platform that combines the strength of various analytical techniques including scanning electrochemical microscopy (SECM), scanning ion conductance microscopy (SICM), atomic force microscope (AFM), patch-clamp and resistive pulse based sensing and delivery, and surface plasmon resonance microscopy (SPRM).
2. Surface Plasmon Resonance Microscopy (SPRM) system. This commerical SPRM system from Biosensing Instrument integrates optical microscopy and SPR, is a powerful technique for measuring binding activities of membrane proteins in vitro. It allows the simultaneous measurement of phenotypical changes of the sample via bright field and binding strength and kinetics via SPR.
3. Electrochemical-Surface Plasmon Resonance (EC-SPR) system. This system allows combining the strength of EC and SPR for obtaining new insight into electrochemical interfacial processes
4. Nanoelectrode fabrication system. This includes a laser puller (Sutter P-2000) for pulling nanopipettes and a chemical-vapor deposition system for fabricatin carbon nanoelectrodes.
5. Biological safety cabinet and incubators. Facilities available for cell culturing.