If you are a student or employee and you think you have come in close contact with someone with COVID-19 (see L.A. County Public Health's definition of close contact), please take the following steps:
- Stay informed, and use phone and technology to communicate with friends and family to avoid isolation.
- Call your medical provider and follow their advice. We ask that you also contact the Student Health Center at (323) 343-3302. For other information and hours of operation, please visit the Student Health Center webpage.
- Employees should also notify their supervisor, who should contact Human Resources Management at (323) 343-3694.
- Quarantine for 10 days from your last exposure and monitor your health for 14 days. Follow L.A. County Public Health's home quarantine instructions.
- Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, and shortness of breath or trouble breathing. Symptoms may also include chills, body aches, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, and runny nose.
The CDC offers guidance on what to do if you are sick with, or if you have been exposed to, COVID-19.