The EHS/RM Office administers Standard and Specialty Insurance Programs for the University.
Standard Insurance Programs
- Workers' Compensation
- General Liability
- Automobile Liability
Specialty Insurance Programs
- Special Events Insurance
- Inland Marine Insurance
- Certificates of Insurance
- Student Malpractice Insurance
- Student Accident Travel Insurance
- Foreign Travel Liability Insurance Program (FTLIP)
- Athletic Injury Medical Expense (AIME)
New NCAA Safety & Concussion Guidelines Bulletin - Addresses revised heightened safety guidelines, including ones dealing with concussions.
CSU Sports Club Guide - Provides guidelines regarding sports clubs on CSU campuses.
Forms & Resources
Administration includes but is not limited to, some primary activities outlined below:
- Coordinate issuance of Proof of State (Self-Insured) Vehicle Liability Insurance.
- Coordinate issuance of documentation evidencing " CSULA's (various) Insurance Coverage's " for third parties.
- Coordinate issuance of " Certificates of Insurance," for Special Insurances referenced above.
- Joint Powers Act (JPA) K-12 Indemnification and Insurance Language - Contains information related to student placements in K-12 settings
- JPA K-12 Template - Agreement template
- UC/CSU – Letter on Indemnification and Insurance Requirements
- UC/CSU January 11, 2017 – Letter regarding Indemnification and Insurance Requirements
- UC/CSU April 10, 2007 Indemnification and Insurance Requirements
- California State University Insurance Requirements (Technical Letter) - This letter defines policy and insurance requirements required by the California State University and is a resource that relates to the use of liability waivers in the “Release of Liability Handbook” ; the handbook is general and is intended only to provide basic information on the use of electronic signatures.
- Technical Letter re: Liability Waivers Handbook
Certificates of Insurance and Evidence of Coverage
- 2016-2017 Certificates of Insurance (COI) - Contains contractually agreed general liability. Contracted agencies may access this file to download and print a copy of the COI. The COI agreement is on a fiscal year basis (7/1/14 - 6/30/15)
- California State University (CSU) Letter - Shows evidence of self-insurance
- California State University, Los Angeles, Certificate of Insurance (COI) - Reflects evidence of General Liability insurance coverage
- California State University, Los Angeles, Evidence of Coverage - Shows Worker's Compensation and General and Professional Liability insurance coverage
Insurance Management Information
- Additional Covered Parties
- Fine Arts Program FAAAP - Automatic insurance coverage of campus and loaned fine art
- Vehicle Liability Self Insurance Program (VELSIP) - The State of California has also elected to be insured for its motor vehicle liability exposures through the State Motor Vehicle Liability Self-Insurance Program (VELSIP). This program provides liability coverage arising out of the operations of motor vehicles used by state employees for official state business
- CSURMA Athletic Injury Medical Expense (AIME) Program - Prospective Student Athlete Participant Accident Insurance
- Procurement & Contracts Procedure 239
- Belfor USA - CSU: Pricing Agreement, Systemwide Contract to Provide Restorative Emergency Response Services to Campuses
- Evidence of Property Insurance Coverage - This document shows evidence of coverage of property insurance for the University
- Final Cyber Coverage Alliant Property Insurance - Addresses the claim reporting process for property, cyber and pollution losses
- CSU Alliant Property Insurance Endorsements - This endorsement modifies insurance to cover Breach Response
- Insurance Purchase Processing Instructions
- 2016/2017 University Property Insurance Programs
- APIP Claims Reporting Acknowledgement(s) Receipt Form - This form ensures claims reporting procedures are known and is used to report a claim for property damage
- PEPIP Pollution Essential Loss Reporting Practice
- VC (Vendor Contractor) Insurance Program Manual
- The Independent Contractor Pre-Hire Worksheet - Needs to be completed and approved before work can start
- Independent Contractor Hiring Process Training Manual - Detailed instructions and related informational resources in the attached flowchart
- Student Travel Accident Policy and Claim Form - Travel accident policy contains a summary of the policy regarding accidents related to student travel. A separate attachment contains the claim form (process)
- SERG 20 Special Event Resource Guide - Final Draft information is intended for Event Planners and Event Hosts as an introduction and orientation to Event Insurance
AIME insurance is coordinated through the office of the Cal State Los Angeles Athletics Director, please contact the Director of Athletics at 323-343-3080
SPLIP Student Blanket Professional Liability Insurance
Medical Professional Liability and Educator's Errors & Omissions Liability for students in the nursing/allied health program and in the teaching credential program who are required by third-party institutions (hospitals, K-12 schools) to provide professional liability insurance for participation in affiliation programs.
Internship students enrolled in the Nursing/Allied Health or Education curricula may print out and present this certificate to hospitals, school districts, etc. who request evidence of coverage from the university.
Student Academic Field Experience for Credit Liability Insurance Program (SAFECLIP)
SAFECLIP provides coverage for students performing community service or volunteer work for academic credit and students enrolled in Entertainment or Media Internship Programs. The program is designed to satisfy the requirements of host institutions that students maintain liability insurance in order to participate in programs offered under affiliation agreements with the University and includes professional and personal liability coverage with broad protection for the students, affiliates and the University.
Students enrolled in designated disciplines (see covered professions list below) may print out and present this certificate to present to affiliated institutions who request evidence of coverage from the university.
Workers Compensation Covering Volunteers and Students