Insurance Management

The EHS/RM Office administers Standard and Specialty Insurance Programs for the University.

Standard Insurance Programs

  • Workers' Compensation
  • Property
  • General Liability
  • Automobile Liability

Specialty Insurance Programs

  • Special Events Insurance
  • Inland Marine Insurance
  • Certificates of Insurance
  • Student Malpractice Insurance
  • Student Accident Travel Insurance
  • Foreign Travel Liability Insurance Program (FTLIP)
  • Athletic Injury Medical Expense (AIME)

New NCAA Safety & Concussion Guidelines Bulletin - Addresses revised heightened safety guidelines, including ones dealing with concussions.

CSU Sports Club Guide - Provides guidelines regarding sports clubs on CSU campuses.

Forms & Resources


Administration includes but is not limited to, some primary activities outlined below:

Certificates of Insurance and Evidence of Coverage

Insurance Management Information

AIME insurance is coordinated through the office of the Cal State Los Angeles Athletics Director, please contact the Director of Athletics at 323-343-3080

SPLIP Student Blanket Professional Liability Insurance

Medical Professional Liability and Educator's Errors & Omissions Liability for students in the nursing/allied health program and in the teaching credential program who are required by third-party institutions (hospitals, K-12 schools) to provide professional liability insurance for participation in affiliation programs.

Internship students enrolled in the Nursing/Allied Health or Education curricula may print out and present this certificate to hospitals, school districts, etc. who request evidence of coverage from the university.

Student Academic Field Experience for Credit Liability Insurance Program (SAFECLIP)

SAFECLIP provides coverage for students performing community service or volunteer work for academic credit and students enrolled in Entertainment or Media Internship Programs. The program is designed to satisfy the requirements of host institutions that students maintain liability insurance in order to participate in programs offered under affiliation agreements with the University and includes professional and personal liability coverage with broad protection for the students, affiliates and the University.

Students enrolled in designated disciplines (see covered professions list below) may print out and present this certificate to present to affiliated institutions who request evidence of coverage from the university.

Workers Compensation

Workers Compensation Covering Volunteers and Students