You must complete the following items to complete the hiring process:
- Go through the Student Orientation Checklist with them.
- Complete the Supervisor’s Safety Orientation Checklist (General) or (Laboratories)provided by the Environmental Health and Safety Office with your student employee.
• Print the student employee’s name and CIN on the form.
• Email to the Student Employment Office and/or Financial Aid, depending upon position classification.
- Review the Appropriate Use Agreement for Student Assistants (ITS-2803) (mandatory).
• Retain a signed copy for the department’s records.
• Email to the Student Employment Office and/or Financial Aid, depending upon position classification
- Ensure that your student employee completes the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) training online.
- Have your student employee activate an employee username and e-mail account at MyCalStateLA ID under “faculty account.” Student employees should use their employee e-mail account when conducting University business.
- Review the Student Time Entry Guide on the Payroll Time and Labor page.
- Ensure that you provide any training that is required for your position.