The Division of Administration and Finance strategically manages the University’s financial resources, and its broad portfolio of business and administrative services to ensure that the Cal State LA campus runs efficiently.
The various departments within the division support the academic mission of the university while meeting the day-to-day needs of students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
The primary mission of the Division of Administration and Finance is to support the learning environment of Cal State LA. The division provides a wide range of professional services that support the University through its departments and affiliated organizations. The division is committed to the following core values:
- Service Excellence: Identifying our customer groups, their expectations, and creating performance metrics and feedback mechanisms to measure success.
- Work Smarter: Developing business process workflows and documentation, performing assessments to identify and adopt efficiencies, and remaining solution oriented while problem solving.
- Team Building: Encouraging collaborative problem solving, providing more opportunities to network, celebrating accomplishments of the team, and learning together as a team.
- Professional Development: Performing professional gap analyses, and providing opportunities for cross-training, working within key strengths, peer training, and educational workshops.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: To develop and implement initiatives that align with the university's diversity, equity, and inclusion mission to cultivate diversity, help promote cultural competence and integrity, and actively seek perspectives and engagement from all constituents in our community, to develop just and equitable practices and expectations.