We promote undergraduate student success by providing holistic support and engaging educational advising sessions that aim to empower and validate students’ academic journeys. In collaboration with the campus community, academic advisors encourage students to be active partners in exploring and developing plans to achieve their education, career, and life goals.
As an Advising Community, we are committed to:
- Providing timely, accurate, and intentional advising to all undergraduate students.
- Establishing a culture of shared responsibility and accountability for student academic success.
- Fostering interactions that recognize and validate each student's unique identity, contributions, interests, academic, career, and life goals.
- Leveraging e-advising tools and student success data to provide effective proactive advising efforts to improve retention and graduation rates.
- Assessing and evaluating academic advising efforts, services, and strategies to continuously improve practices for student success.
- Utilizing academic advising practices (developmental, appreciative, holistic, and culturally responsive) that contribute to student’s sense of belonging and closing the equity-gap.