Don't Pollute! Change the Way You Commute
The Commuter Services Office provides faculty, staff and students with an extensive Rideshare Program. The following programs are available to assist you in your commute to Cal State L.A.
Summer U-Pass sales begin
May 23, 2017
The Metro U-Pass is a reduced-fare transit pass, offering college students unlimited rides on any Metro system in LA County that accepts TAP, including all local Metro buses, Metro Rapid, Metro Liner, and Metro rail services, including Zone 1.
The Metro U-Pass is valid for Summer session from May 30, 2017 to August 27, 2017, a total of 13 weeks. The U-Pass is offered to Cal State LA students at a discounted price of $125. The price for a student Metro pass for the same period is $139.75. The new U-Pass is subsidized by Metro and Cal State LA Parking & Transportation Services.
Sales for the Summer 2017 U-Pass begin May 23, 2017 and will be sold until June 30, 2017 or while supplies last!
How Is This Different Than a TAP Card?
A sticker featuring smart-chip technology is placed on your Golden Eagle card. Your Golden Eagle card becomes your U-Pass and works just like a TAP card; just tap on the target each time you board a bus or train.
Cal State LA students enrolled in 6 or more units are eligible to purchase a Metro U-Pass. You must have a Cal State LA Golden Eagle ID card.
Student must use Metro as primary transportation to campus. As such, students with a valid U-Pass cannot own a parking permit concurrently.
How To Apply
- Click on the Metro registration survey link https://lametro.formstack.com/forms/upass_csula and complete the required survey.
- Bring your Cal State LA Golden Eagle card and proof of survey completion to the Parking & Transportation Service Center located in Lot 3 during business hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm).
- Come prepared to pay $125 for your Summer U-Pass.
Can I use the U-Pass on Metrolink trains?
- U-Pass is for Metro pilot program and valid on all local Metro buses, Metro Rapid, Metro Liner, and Metro rail services, including the Zone 1 SilverLine buses that serve Cal State LA Only. U-Pass is not valid on Metrolink.
If I no longer need the U-Pass will I receive a refund?
- Sales are final - No refunds.
Do I need my student ID?
- Yes, you need to bring your Cal State LA student ID. If you do not bring your campus ID we cannot sell you a U-Pass.
Can I use the U-Pass on Foothill Transit?
- U-Pass is for Metro pilot program and valid on all local Metro buses, Metro Rapid, Metro Liner, and Metro rail services, including the Zone 1 Silver Line buses that serve Cal State LA only. U-Pass is not valid on Foothill lines.
Can I buy a U-Pass for someone else?
- No, you must be present with your campus ID to purchase a U-Pass.
I will be enrolled soon in classes; can I purchase a U-Pass?
- Enrollment in 6 units or more must be completed to purchase a U-Pass.
What do I do if my U-Pass is not working?
- Tap your U-Pass once before you board or upon boarding. Your pass will be activated after first tap.
- Should it continue to not read please contact Commuter Services at (323)343-5277.
Can I purchase a U-Pass and a parking permit?
- No, students cannot possess a Cal State LA semester parking permit and a valid U-Pass at the same time.
What happens if I lose my pass?
- Go to the Parking & Transportation Service Center located in Lot 3 to report your lost U-Pass. There is a $10.00 fee to replace the first lost U-Pass, $20 for the second, and full price purchase for the 3rd. Bring your new Cal State LA ID when replacing a U-Pass.
Note: Purchase is final – no refunds. Students must meet the eligibility requirements at time of purchase. Must have Cal State LA ID when purchasing a U-Pass. Students cannot possess a Cal State LA Semester parking permit and a valid U-Pass concurrently.
For more information contact Commuter Services via email or call (323) 343-5277.