Cal State LA will begin construction of the Student Housing East project, a new 1,500-bed housing complex with full dining commons and a learning center. This project, schedule to open in fall 2021, will become Cal State LA’s first traditional style housing for freshmen and sophomores.
The Student Housing East project is located in Parking Lot 7 and will temporarily displace 800 parking spaces during the spring 2019 semester while Parking Structure E completes construction. Parking Structure E is scheduled to open with 2,219 spaces in fall 2019.
The area in Parking Lot 7 affected by Student Housing East construction will close beginning December 17.
At this time we strongly encourage you to consider other transportation alternatives for the spring semester:
Additionally during construction, the entrance at Lot 5 (on Lansdowne Avenue) will be closed. Drivers will be rerouted to the north entrance to Lot 5 at Mariondale Ave. Please click on the map to the right for the construction area and access to Lot 5.
We understand the inconvenience this may cause, but the Parking and Transportation Services office is taking the following actions to help ease potential parking problems and traffic congestion:
- Parking and Transportation Services has contracted with Parking Company of America to implement an Attendant-Assisted Parking Program in lot 5, which will enable more vehicles to park in the lot. Operating hours Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- We've partnered with Metro to provide a discounted semester Metro pass (U-Pass) for $125. For more information visit our Spring 2019 U-Pass Page.
- Drivers are encouraged to use our off-site parking lot, which has ample space, is a short distance from the University and features free shuttle service to and from campus. The first shuttle leaves the lot at 7 a.m. and the last shuttle departs Cal State LA at 9:30 p.m. from the University-Student Union.
- Drivers with campus parking permits can exchange those permits for the off-site parking permit and receive a prorated refund.
- Drivers who want to return their campus parking permits will be able to do so and receive a refund amount based on the period of time remaining in the semester.
- Off-Site permits for Spring 2019 are $100 per semester or $3 per day (paid at the Off-Site Lot).
- The Parking and Transportation Services office will be providing real-time campus parking information via Twitter @calstatela_park for the first week of Spring 2019. These tweets will be shared on the main Cal State LA Twitter account.
To get a refund for student parking permits or exchange campus permits for off-site permits, please visit the Transporation Service Center located in Lot 3, open Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
Call or email Parking and Transportation at (323) 343-6118 for more information.
All above information is subject to change without further notice.