Construction began on March 26, 2018 on a new parking structure adjacent to Lot 5. This resulted in a loss of some parking spaces in Lot 5.
During construction, the entrance at Lot 5 (on Lansdowne Avenue) will be closed. Drivers will be rerouted by signs and parking officers along Paseo Rancho Castilla to the north entrance to Lot 5 at Mariondale Ave. Please click on the map to the right for the construction area and access to Lot 5.
We understand the inconvenience this may cause, but the Parking and Transportation Services office is taking the following actions to help ease potential parking problems and traffic congestion:
- Parking and Transportation Services has contracted with Parking Company of America to implement an Attendant-Assisted Parking Program in lot 5, which will enable more vehicles to park in the lot. Operating hours Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- We've partnered with Metro to provide a discounted semester Metro pass (U-Pass) for $125. For more information visit our U-Pass Page.
- Drivers are encouraged to use our off-site parking lot, which has ample space, is a short distance from the University and features free shuttle service to and from campus. The first shuttle leaves the lot at 7 a.m. and the last shuttle departs Cal State LA at 9:30 p.m. from the University-Student Union.
- Drivers with campus parking permits can exchange those permits for the off-site parking permit and receive a prorated refund.
- Drivers who want to return their campus parking permits will be able to do so and receive a refund amount based on the period of time remaining in the semester.
- Drivers without parking permits will be able to purchase off-site permits for $100 per semester or $3 per day.
- The Parking and Transportation Services office will be providing real-time campus parking information via Twitter @calstatela_park for the first week of Fall 2018. These tweets will be shared on the main Cal State LA Twitter account.
To get a refund for campus parking permits or exchange campus permits for off-site permits, please visit the Cashiers Office, Parking Window 7.
Call or email Parking and Transportation at (323) 343-6118 with questions.
All above information is subject to change without further notice.