This degree program is coming soon. We currently offer the MBA with a concentration in Business Analytics. For more information on this degree visit the MBA program.
Master of Science, Business Analytics
The Master of Science in Business Analytics is a specialized degree program that prepares people for careers in a very fast growing field. This graduate program best serves students with a solid quantitative background and those seeking entry to mid-level positions as business professionals whose job duty requires performing or understanding data analysis.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics is a specialized degree program that prepares people for careers in a very fast growing field: managing large quantities of data. Jobs in business analytics are expected to grow exponentially in the next decade. This graduate program best serves students with a solid quantitative background (i.e., science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business) and those seeking entry to mid-level positions as business professionals whose job duty requires performing or understanding data analysis.
- Interdisciplinary – analytics for different areas of business, government, or non-profit organizations.
- Skill based – a program to enhance students’ skill set for data analysis.
- Applied and hands-on – the program culminates with an applied data analytics project rather than a thesis.
All students applying to the MS Business Analytics program must have the following:
- GMAT or GRE exam*
- Undergraduate degree with a GPA of 2.75 or better
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Two letters of Recommendation
- Professional résumé
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcripts
* The College will consider waiving the GMAT for applicants who (a) have 5 years of significant managerial or professional work experience, or (b) have completed at least 9 units of graduate coursework in business administration with a B average or better at an AACSB-accredited institution.
The GMAT or GRE waiver request form is available to download as MS Word document which you can complete and submit to the College application along with other required documents.
For a detailed list of requirements for admission into our graduate programs, including requirements for international students, please visit our requirements page here.
Requirements for the Degree (33 units)
Required Courses (18 units)
- BUS 5100 - Introduction to Business Analytics (3)
- CIS 5250 - Visual Analytics (3)
- MKT 5460 - Seminar: Quantitative Marketing Research (3)
- ECON 5820 - Seminar: Predictive Analytics Modeling in Business and Economics (3)
- MKT 5700 - Seminar: Marketing Analytics (3)
- MGMT 5503 - Optimization and Simulation Models (3)
Culminating Experience (3 units)
- BUS 5995B - Business Analytics Culminating Project (3)
Elective Courses (12 units)
Select any 12 units from the list of courses below:
- ACCT 5350 - Forensic Accounting (3)
- BUS 5102 - Integrated Business Simulation (3)
- BUS 5930 - Research Methods in Business Administration (3)
- BUS 5025 - Supply Chain and Operations Management (3)
- CIS 5270 - Business Intelligence (3)
- CIS 5560 - Introduction to Big Data Science (3)
- ECON 5150 - Seminar: Applied Econometrics (3)
- ECON 5800 - Seminar: Health Economics (3)
- FIN 5350 - Seminar: Options, Futures, and other Derivatives (3)
- MGMT 5501 - Project Management (3)
- MGMT 5401 - Human Resource Analytics (3)
- MKT 5810 - Seminar: Social Media & Web Analytics (3)
- MKT 5600 - Seminar: Retailing and Merchandising Strategy (3)
- POLS 5800 - Data Analysis for Public and Nonprofit Managers
For more information please visit the University Catalog.