Request for Certification
To certify fall 2021 courses, use the Veterans Benefits Module (VBM) within GET. Instructions for completing the request are linked on this page.
SUMMER: If you would like to certify summer 2021 courses, please use the old Request for Certification Form.
The certification process is required in order for you to receive educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Veterans Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31)
- Montgomery GI Bill® : Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill® : Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
Note: If you are only using the College Fee Waiver for Veteran Dependents (Cal Vet Fee Waiver) or Department of Defense Tuition Assistance, you are not required to submit certification requests using this system. If you are using either of these benefits in addition to one of the Chapter/VA benefits listed above, please submit the request using the steps below.