Virtual Drag Bingo - Assessment
The Center for Student Involvement measured participation in Virtual Drag Bingo, a program open to all currently-enrolled students.
How did this program connect to the social justice domain?
This programs creates awareness and highlights a marginalized population, LGBTQIA+. The event builds community among community members and allies and how to support the LGBTQIA+ community.
Feedback collected from approximately 30 students participants shows:
- Our students have yearned for connection.
- This event helped them connect with LGBTQIA+ individuals, community and other Cal State LA students.
- Virtual programs are an untapped avenue for potential engagement opportunities.
- Offer more LGBTQIA+ programming on campus. This includes viewing LGBTQIA+ issues and accomplishments through multiples lenses such as leadership, social justice, career development, research, advocacy, health, service learning, etc.
- Reach out to local LGBTQIA+ organizations and advocates beyond campus to develop intentional content for programs and experiences for students.
- While this is great for programming, the University should also be invested in working with the LGBTQIA+ community for these types of programs through contracts, projects, and consultation with LGBTQIA+ individuals.