Enhance Your Interview Skills
Strong interview skills are valuable when applying for a job. Your résumé and cover letter might get you through the door, but a good interview can propel you further in the selection process. The resources on this page can help you prepare for an interview.
- Perfect Interview – allows you to practice interviewing with a virtual interviewer and provides examples of recommended responses. Create an account; do not use your campus credentials.
- InterviewStream – allows you to record a practice interview with a virtual interviewer and share the recording with others for feedback. Create an account; do not use your campus credentials. Verify that "Sign Up for California State University Los Angeles" appears above the infoboxes.
Before the Interview
During the Interview
After the Interview
Guides & Presentations
- How to Make Your Virtual Interview a Success (presentation) / (Virtual Interview Success Word version)
- Interview Skills (handout)
- How to Make a Good Impression in a Virtual Interview (Handshake Blog)
- Vault Guide to Behavioral Interviews (eBook)
- Salary & Benefits Negotiation (handout)
- Job Seekers Free Salary Calculator (website)
We offer workshops each semester that address interview skills. Look for them and sign up on Cal State LA Handshake.
Drop in during virtual group advising to ask your initial questions or start the conversation, whether it’s related to résumés, interviews, internships and job searching or general career planning. Learn with and from your peers as career advisors help you form an initial strategy.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month
- 12 p.m.
Work on an individual basis with a career advisor who will guide you through every step of the Career Development Journey and provide you with an understanding of what is important to reach your career goal and become a professional.
Email [email protected] or call 323-343-3237 to schedule an appointment.