Enhance Your Interview Skills
Strong interview skills are valuable when applying for a job. Your résumé and cover letter might get you through the door, but a good interview can propel you further in the selection process. The resources on this page can help you prepare for an interview.
- Big Interview - provides free, online interview practice for Cal State LA students and registered alumni. Alumni should email the Career Center for the access code to the alumni portal.
- Practice tough interviewing questions with the ability to record, review, share your answers to get feedback from others and receive on-the-spot AI-based feedback.
- Choose from dozens of interview sets and over 20 different industries/majors.
- Utilize nearly 40 lessons and learn all the best interviewing techniques to get you on track.
Before the Interview
During the Interview
After the Interview
Guides & Presentations
- How to Make Your Virtual Interview a Success (presentation) / (Virtual Interview Success Word version)
- Interview Skills (handout)
- How to Make a Good Impression in a Virtual Interview (Handshake Blog)
- Vault Guide to Behavioral Interviews (eBook)
- Salary & Benefits Negotiation (handout)
- Job Seekers Free Salary Calculator (website)
We offer workshops each semester that address interview skills. Look for them and sign up on Cal State LA Handshake.
Try drop-in advising to ask your initial questions or start the conversation, whether it’s related to résumés, interviews, internships and job searching or general career planning. Learn with and from your peers as career advisors help you form an initial strategy.
Wednesday: 12 – 1 p.m.
Work on an individual basis with a career advisor who will guide you through every step of the Career Development Journey and provide you with an understanding of what is important to reach your career goal and become a professional.
- Phone: Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In-person: Monday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Email [email protected] or call 323-343-3237 to schedule an appointment.