Teaching Performance Assessment (edTPA)
I have to take edTPA! What do I do?!
- You will register for edTPA through Pearson at http://www.edtpa.com/ during Directed Teaching.
- There is a $300 fee for edTPA and it covers all development costs and operational assessment services associated with the resources and support for implementation, delivery, scoring and reporting of edTPA, as well as customer support service for candidates.
- Scorers are trained specifically to edTPA rubrics - they use standardized scoring procedures and are calibrated and monitored during scoring.
CCOE offers two kinds of workshop classes to prepare you to pass TPA:
- During the semester prior to Directed Teaching - to familiarize yourself with the TPA process.
- During Directed Teaching - as you actually pay for and submit the TPA.
Each class meets five times during the semester, on a Friday from 4:00-6:45 PM.
We provide the required texts in the class:
- edTPA Elementary Handbook for Literacy and Math
- edTPA Single Subject Handbook
- edTPA Making Good Choices
- For Multiple Subject: Professor Steven Brownson, TPA Co-Coordinator - [email protected]
- For Single Subject: Professor Michael Haussler, TPA Coordinator - [email protected]
Click HERE to learn more about the edTPA!
Join HERE to join a closed TPA Facebook group where passers and those yet to pass can meet, share strategies, and talk about the TPA.