Don't Pollute! Change the Way You Commute

The Commuter Services Office provides faculty, staff and students with an extensive Rideshare Program. The following programs are available to assist you in your commute to Cal State L.A.


Cal State LA Introduces GradPass!

 Graduates, keep riding for less with Grad-Pass

GradPass sales begin

May 23, 2017

GradPass Program

The GradPass Program is a reduced fare program that will assist college graduates as they transition out of the U-Pass program and into the workforce. The GradPass Program will allow the U-Pass Program participant to purchase Metro fare at the reduced College/Vocational rate of $43 for 12 months after graduation. 


  • Must have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
  • Must have participated in the U-Pass program at Cal State LA for at least one term.
  • Holds a student identification card from Cal State LA with U-Pass Media. 



  • Pick up the unloaded GradPass Media at the Parking & Transportation Center during the Distribution Period from (May 23, 2017 thru June 30, 2017).
  • Load the GradPass Media at any:
    • Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs)
    • Metro Customer Service Centers 
    • By Phone 866-TAP-TO GO  (866-827-8646)
    • Vendor locations  (vendor locator is available at
  • GradPass Media is only valid for 12 months from date for which it is issued.

Sales for the Summer 2017 GradPass begin May 23, 2017 and will be sold until June 30, 2017, or while supplies last!



Can I use the GradPass on Metrolink trains? 

  • GradPass is a Metro pilot program and valid on all local Metro buses, Metro Rapid, Metro Liner, and Metro rail services, including the Zone 1 SilverLine buses.  GradPass is not valid on Metrolink.

If I no longer need the GradPass will I receive a refund?

  • Sales are final - No refunds.

Do I need my student ID?

  • Yes, you need to bring your Cal State LA student ID or a picture Identification.

Can I use the GradPass on Foothill Transit?

  • GradPass is a Metro pilot program valid on all local Metro buses, Metro Rapid, Metro Liner, and Metro rail services, including the Zone 1 Silver Line buses.  GradPass is not valid on Foothill lines.

Can I buy a GradPass for someone else?

  • No, you must be present with your ID to purchase a GradPass.

What do I do if my GradPass is not working?

  • Tap your GradPass once upon boarding.  Should it not read please contact Commuter Services at (323)343-5277.

What happens if I lose my pass?

  • Go to the Parking & Transportation Service Center to report your GradPass lost. Bring your ID when replacing a GradPass.


Note: Purchase is final – no refunds.  Students must meet the eligibility requirements at time of purchase.  Must have ID when purchasing a GradPass.


For more information contact Commuter Services via email or call (323) 343-5277.

Follow Cal State Los Angeles Parking and Transportation on Facebook,  Twitter @CSULA_Park, Instagram @CSULA_Parking, and Snapchat @CalStateLA_Park  






    Take the GradPass Survey 

ZipCar Logo

Commuter Services Office
Hours and Location:

Public Safety Building
(323) 343-5277
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Parking & Transporation Center
Hours and Location:
Lot 3
(323) 343-6118
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat