Microsoft Outlook is a great tool for communication, time and information management, and collaboration. It is used to create, organize and track email messages, contacts, appointments and tasks. The Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA) allows users to access their mailbox using a web browser from any computer that has an Internet connection. This page provides users with one central location for all Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 OWA training resources.
The Office.com and Lynda.com websites provide extensive online training resources on Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 OWA which can be used for self-paced learning. Cal State LA students, faculty and staff can access Lynda.com courses by visiting lynda.calstatela.edu and logging in with their myCSULA Identity account. This section also includes resources on email setup and information security tips.
- Getting Started in Office 365 Outlook on the Web
- Outlook 2016 Training
- Outlook 2013 Videos and Tutorials
- Outlook for Mac 2016 Training
- Outlook for Mac 2011 Training
- Outlook Web App (OWA) 2013 Essential Training
- Outlook 2016 Essential Training
- Outlook 2013 Essential Training
- Outlook for Mac 2016 Essential Training
- Outlook for Mac 2011 Essential Training
Information Security Tips
The ITS Training Program provides several handouts on how to use the core features of Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 OWA.
Microsoft Office 365 OWA
- Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA) (PDF)
- Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA): Forwarding Email to Another Email Account (PDF)
Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 Part 1: Introduction (PDF)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 Part 2: Intermediate (PDF)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013: Managing Messages with Rules (PDF)
The ITS Training Program offers an in-person workshop on Microsoft Outlook. Visit the Outlook workshop page to view the workshop description and schedule, or to request a workshop.