As a current or prospective student you may find yourself with questions that are in need of answers. Below is a working-list of the most frequently asked questions arranged alphabetically by topic. If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact the Department Office with your inquiry and we will be happy to assist you.
* For academic advisement questions please visit the "Advisement" page.
Child Development Permit
- What are the requirements and procedures for applying for the Child Development Permit?
Please visit the Child Development Training Consortium Website for permit information. Their site has comprehensive information on the Child Development Permit and will address most questions related to requirements and procedures.
* Current and prospective students, should visit the Center for Student Financial Aid for further information about financial assistance available from federal, state and institutional sources.
- What is the Department's reinstatement policy?
Reinstatement from disqualification is a special process that allows students to complete the quarter they are enrolled in CSULA to raise their GPA. Please download the reinstatement document for further information regarding the Department's established conditions for reinstatement.
This course no longer substitutes for CHDV 443. This policy took effect Fall 2004 and applies to new students (both freshmen and transfer). Only students who began the program prior to Fall of 2004 who had the cognition course as a cross-listed course are allowed to receive credit for Psy 433. All other students will not receive credit for the course toward CHDV 443.
As part of the University requirement you are required to take HHS 301- Transition to Cal State LA. This course must be taken within your first or second quarter of
attendance at Cal State LA.
As part of the University requirement you are required to take HHS 101 - Introduction to Higher Education. This course must be taken within your first or second quarter of attendance at Cal State LA.
New students – Freshmen and Transfer
You must make an appointment for an initial advisement in the Undergraduate Academic Advisement Center (UAAC) (Library South, Palmer Wing, room 1040A): (323) 343-3150.
* Effective Fall, 2004 all new freshmen and transfer students on the 2004 catalog or later must take CHDV 443 (Psychology of Cognitive Development) to satisfy the cognitive development requirement. PSY 433 will no longer satisfy this requirement for these students.