The LSAMP Transfer Mentor Program aims to facilitate a successful transition to Cal State LA for incoming STEM transfer students. Our program creates the opportunity for peer connection, career development, academic success, and personal growth within a diverse and thriving transfer community. We believe that by investing in and training mentors, we can empower them to positively impact incoming transfer students! Incoming transfer students are paired with senior students or alumni with similar majors and/or interests. Our goal is to connect students to resources on campus and engage them in academic, career, and social networks upon their arrival at Cal State LA.
Are you interested in becoming a mentor? >> Apply now! <<
Are you interested in becoming a mentor? The 2022- 2023 LSAMP Transfer Mentor Program (STEM-focused) is a great opportunity for current Cal State LA students to build a sense of community, gain leadership and mentoring skills, and give back to the community through helping and aspiring incoming freshmen and transfer students to reach their academic potential to prepare them for a successful career in STEM. Because this academic year will begin remotely, much of the training and meetings required by the program will be remote until we are all clear to return to campus.
- STEM major
- Cal State LA students/ Transfer students (As of the academic year 2022-23)
- 2.5 + GPA
- Attend all training and meeting
- Establish and maintain regular contact and communication with your mentees (virtually, over a video call, Zoom, text, social media, etc.)
- Participate at an End of the Year Focus Group
- Mentors will receive a stipend ($100) and certification from the mentoring training
- If matched with mentees, mentors will receive an end of the year stipend ($400/ semester, $800/ academic year )
- A great time working with a team and developing your leadership abilities
- Mentors must commit to participating in LSAMP from June 2022-May 2023.
- Mentors are required to attend training, which will take place in May 2022
- Mentors are expected to maintain monthly communication with their mentees, via phone, email, social media, etc.
- Mentors are expected to check in with the program director monthly and turn in any necessary assignments on time.
If you have any questions, please contact: Lilian Leung, Director of LSAMP Transfer Mentor Program at [email protected]
>> Apply now! <<
The application is due March 25th, 2022.