I grew up in Berkeley, California and attended the University of California, Los Angeles for my undergraduate studies. After graduating in 2017, I pursued a Ph.D. in Mathematics at the University of California, San Diego. At UC San Diego, I was very fortunate to be advised by Jacques Verstraete and wrote my dissertation on "The combinatorics of intersecting set systems", which I successfully defended in 2022. I am now very honored to be an Assistant Professor here in the Mathematics Department at Cal State LA! My Erdös number is 2.
Outside of Math, I like to watch basketball, go for runs, and juggle. My current best is four balls, but I am working towards being able to juggle five balls.
In the Fall 2022 semester, I will be teaching Calculus 3 (Math 2130) and Theory of Probability (Math 4740). The corresponding course material will be posted on Canvas. Please feel free to email me if you are interested in Combinatorics research and/or would like to explore a directed reading course.
My research interests lie in extremal combinatroics. Broadly speaking, extremal combinatorics entails maximizing the size of a collection of objects given constraints on the collection of objects.
Papers and preprints:
- A note on intersection saturation (with Jacques Verstraete) - In preparation
- Odd covers of graphs (with C. Buchanan, A. Clifton, E. Culver, J. Nie, P. Rombach, M. Yin) - Submitted, https://arxiv.org/pdf/2202.09822.pdf
- Towards supersaturation for oddtown and eventown - Submitted, https://arxiv.org/pdf/2109.09925.pdf
- Saturation problems in convex geometric hypergraphs (with Sam Spiro) - Submitted, https://arxiv.org/pdf/2109.09931.pdf
- A note on k-wise oddtown problems (with Jacques Verstraete) - Graphs and Combinatorics, 38 (101), 2022, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00373-022-02504-z
- Extremal problems for pairs of triangles (with Zoltán Füredi, Dhruv Mubayi, Jacques Verstraete) - Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series B, 155, 2022, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0095895622000132
- A generalization of Bollobás set pair inequality (with Jacques Verstraete) - The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 28(3), 2021, https://www.combinatorics.org/ojs/index.php/eljc/article/view/v28i3p8/pdf
- Nontrivial d-wise intersecting families (with Jacques Verstraete) - Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series A, 178, 2021, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0097316520301618
- On the poset and asymptotics of Tesler matrices - The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 25(2), 2018, http://www.combinatorics.org/ojs/index.php/eljc/article/view/v25i2p4/pdf