Paul Liu, Ph.D., Professor
CMfgE, CQE, 6 Sigma Green Belt
Office: ET A222
Phone: (323) 343-4570
FAX: (323) 343-4571
The best way to reach me is via email [email protected]
• Received $4,561,137 ($1,361,800 at CSULA) of grants and contracts from NSF, Department of Defense, Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation, and several private foundations in the areas of curriculum and laboratory development, workforce development, and other critical elements to national security.
• Proposal Review Panels for NSF, SME Education Foundation, American Society of Quality, and Department of Defense in manufacturing related projects. Also served as Peer Reviewer for International Journal of Modeling and Simulation, International Journal of Computers and Industrial Engineering, and Journal of Manufacturing Systems.
• Attended more than 120 workshops, conferences, and seminars in advanced manufacturing, pedagogical curriculum design, teamwork and communication skills building, and project management.
• Led the CSULA teams to win the First Place in 2015 and 2017, the Second Place in 2016 and 2018, and the Third Place in 2020 at the SourceAmerica College Design Challenge, a national engineering design competition that designs and fabricates jigs and fixtures to support workers with disabilities.
• Won the Northrop Grumman Corporation 2019 World Class Customer Special Recognition Award, the 2015 World Class Customer Special Recognition Award, and the 2009 World Class Team Special Recognition Award. Also won the Department of Defense Nunn-Perry Award in 2010.