Hello! I am David M. Krum, an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the California State University, Los Angeles.
- My research interests include human-computer interaction, 3D interaction, and virtual/augmented reality.
- I lead the Experience Lab (also known as the XP Lab), which studies human-computer interaction and specializes in the research and development of virtual and augmented reality technologies.
- I co-direct the Institute for Interactive Arts, Research, and Technology (InART), which advances the art, practice, and research of digital narrative (storytelling) and game design.
- More information is available at my personal page.
- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S., University of Alabama in Huntsville
- B.S., Engineering and Applied Science, California Institute of Technology
Student Hours (AKA Office Hours)
- Please send me an email to schedule an appointment.
- For Spring 2023, I am teaching two courses:
- CS 4540-01: Topics in Advance Computer Science: Virtual Reality and Immersive Worlds
- CS 2011-07: Introduction to Programming I
- CS 4555-01: Introduction to 3D Game Programming (Fall 2022, Fall 2021, Fall 2020).
- CS 4540-02: Topics in Advanced Computer Science: Human Centered Computing (Spring 2022, Spring 2021).
- If you are interested in any of the following opportunities, please contact me.
- I host a journal club (like a book club) for undergrad and grad students to read interesting papers in human-computer interaction, including virtual/augmented reality.
- I am also available to advise Master's projects and Master's theses. I typically mentor on projects related to my research interests in human-computer interaction, virtual reality, and augmented reality.
Admission to Cal State LA
- If you are interested in a working on a PhD with me, unfortunately, Cal State LA does not offer a Computer Science PhD program.
- If you are interested in the MS or BS program, I encourage you to apply! You do not need to contact me. I do not have influence over the admissions decision for your application.