The Advisory Board for the Chinese American Oral History Project oversees the overall oral history project. Each board member lends their expertise, individual perspective, and specialization in areas of civic learning and outreach, administration, research, preservation, and community in building this oral history archive of Los Angeles and San Gabriel Valley for Cal State LA.
- Judy Chu – U.S. Representative for California’s 32nd Congressional District; first Chinese American woman elected to the U.S. Congress
- Dr. Thúy Võ Đặng – Archivist for the UCI Libraries Southeast Asian Archive
- Dr. Vicki L. Ruiz – Distinguished Professor of History and Chicano/Latino Studies, UC Irvine; Former Dean of the School of Humanities, UC Irvine; Past President of the American Historical Association, Organization of American Historians, and the American Studies Association; 2014 Recipient of the National Humanities Medal
- Dr. Linda Vo – Past President of the Association for Asian American Studies; Director of Viet Stories: Vietnamese American Oral History Project; UC Irvine; Professor Asian American Studies, UC Irvine
- Dr. David Yoo – Vice Provost of the Institute of American Cultures, UCLA; Professor of Asian American Studies, UCLA