We welcome you to Cal State LA and look forward to having you move in! The information below will assist you in transitioning into our housing community. We recommend you review the following: License Agreement 2018–2019 (hereafter “Agreement”), Student Guide 2018–2019 and Payment Schedules. Please note that as part of your Agreement, you will be held accountable for following the policies, rules and regulations set in the aforementioned documents.
MOVE-IN READY CHECK LIST
In order to be eligible to check into your fall 2018 housing assignment you must have completed the following:
- Registered for fall 2018 classes (Undergraduate:12 units or more; Graduate: 9 units or more)
- Obtained TB Clearance from the Student Health Center (Proof that you are free of tuberculosis)
- Paid your housing fees by payment dates on GET (Room, Board, Program Fees)
- Residents who are under 18 years old only: Have a Consent and Authorization for Medical Treatment form completed by a parent or guardian.
- Received a Cal State LA One Card at the One Card Office. (Bring your card with you.)
Also, make sure to:
- Review the What To Bring, What Not To Bring Video and List.
- Bring a portable cart or dolly to assist you as carts are limited.
- Purchase a Residential Parking Permit online. Note: First-year "freshmen" students cannot purchase one. See Parking & Transportation’s Housing Resident Parking Page for permit eligibility and parking policies and regulations.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT MOVE-IN
Phase I and Phase II Residents
All residents will check in at the housing office at 5300 Paseo Rancho Castilla, Los Angeles, CA 90032. We're open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For after hours or on the weekends, call the RA on Duty at 323-343-4807.
Golden Eagle Apartments Residents (GEA)
Residents assigned to GEA will check in at the housing office. The apartments are located on the corner of Valley Blvd and Mariondale Ave at 5425 Dobbs St., Los Angeles, CA 90032 (the red dot on the map on the left), just north of campus (the blue dot on the map).
When unloading at GEA, students will unload either inside the small parking lot or along the sidewalk depending on available space.
Please note that the Dobbs Street address is not a mailing address as the information provided is only for directional purposes. All student mailboxes and mail delivery services are located in Phase I and II. Dobbs Street is not a registered address with United States Postal Service. Mail or packages cannot be delivered to GEA.
Prior to arriving on campus for move-in all housing fees must be satisfied with no past due amounts pending or an official payment plan must have been established with Cal State LA’s Student Loan Services and Collections Department. Failure to satisfy all required payments will make the student ineligible for fall check-in.
All housing fees that have been posted on your GET include rent (room charge), board (if you selected a meal plan), security deposit, application fee and program fee.
- In-Person/Walk-in (Cash, Check or Money Order): To make an in-person payment, please visit the Cal State LA Cashier’s Office located on campus in the Administration Building Rm 128. The Cashier service windows are located in the open courtyard area.
- Mail or Depository Drop Box (Money Order, Personal Check or Cashier’s Check): Check or money order payments mailed or dropped off in the Cashier’s depository drop box may take three business days to process. The Cashier’s Office is not responsible for payments sent by U.S. Mail until received. Check and Money Orders must be received and processed by the housing payment deadline. Please make checks payable to Cal State LA or California State University, Los Angeles. Please include your campus ID number (CIN) and “Housing – Fall 2018” on your check or money order.
- Online (Credit or E-Check): You can pay online by credit card or e-check on CashNET Smartpay (non-refundable processing service fee). For a step-by-step on how to pay online, check out the How to Pay your Housing Statement Online. Smartpay operates 24 hours a day; seven days a week, but payments received after 9 p.m. will not be posted to your account until the following business day. Weekend and holiday payments will not be posted until the following business day.
- Electronic Check (e-check) payment is available on CASHNet Smartpay for a $5 non-refundable service fee. For questions regarding billing or CashNET Smartpay, please contact the Cashier’s Office at (323) 343-3630.
- Credit cards accepted are American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard and Visa with a 2.75% non-refundable credit card processing service fee.
MEAL PLAN CHANGES OR CANCELLATION POLICY
Students may add a Meal Plan at any time during the academic year. If you want to change or cancel your Meal Plan, you must submit the Meal Plan Change or Cancellation Request Form prior to our official opening of the residence halls. For the fall 2018 semester, requests to cancel had to be submitted in by Thursday, August 16, 2018.
HOUSING CANCELLATION POLICY
Students requesting to cancel their License Agreement may do so by submitting the Cancellation Request Form. Approved cancellations will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee and may incur daily prorated charges when submitted after Tuesday, July 17, 2018.
HOUSING CONSOLIDATION POLICY
Housing and Residence Life reserves the right to change students’ assignments prior to the beginning of the contract period in the interest of housing demand, to accommodate students registered with the Office of Student Disabilities or for the benefit of the educational environment.
The parking lot for eligible residents is adjacent to the housing complex (inside the fenced area, lot 7A). If you plan to bring a car to campus, a residential parking permit is required. Students can purchase a residential parking permit online from Parking and Transportation. Note: First-time freshmen are prohibited from purchasing a residential parking permit. For more information, visit the Housing Resident Parking Page.
RESIDENT MAIL SERVICES
When you check in, you will receive a mailbox assignment and access combination. Roommates who reside in the same bedroom share mailboxes. To prevent mail theft, do not share your mailbox combination with anyone. There are two Student Mailrooms located in the housing complex: Phase I Mailroom is located in the Community Center and the Phase II and GEA Mailroom is located next to the housing office. To pick up packages students must present their Golden Eagle ID card at the pick-up window located between the housing office and the Phase II and GEA Mailroom.