Moving to college is a big step and coming prepared is crucial for a smooth transition. Before going shopping, take into account the following:
- All apartments are fully furnished.
- Each bedroom has an extra-long twin bed (make sure to bring bedding for an XL twin!), dresser drawers and a desk for each resident.
- The living and dining room have tables and chairs, as well as a storage room.
- Kitchens include a stove, microwave, and refrigerator. Apartments in Phase II have a dishwasher. Cookware, plates, cups and utensils are not included.
- Laundry rooms are available onsite and must be paid with a debit or credit card (not cash).
Here's a detailed list of what we recommend bringing:
Twin XL bed sheets and blankets
Mattress pad (optional)
Under-the-bed storage trays
Small waste basket
Alarm clock (optional)
Laundry basket or bag
Personal toiletries and grooming items
Toothpaste and toothbrush
First Aid Kit: band aids, alcohol swabs, Q-tips, ace bandage, etc.
Cookware (pots and pans)
Bowls and plates
Cups, glasses, mugs
Plastic storage bags
Non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner
Laundry detergent and fabric softener
Iron and ironing board
Do Not Bring
Pets (Fish are allowed: one 10-gallon tank is allowed per resident.)
Weapons, ammunition, fireworks, explosives or dangerous or flammable chemicals