We welcome you and your summer conference to Cal State LA. Our team is here to assist you to create a unique and memorable experience. We offer apartment-style accommodations and can host youth and adult groups, summer camps, forums, retreats and workshops. Additionally, you may rent classrooms, meeting rooms and sports facilities on campus. Below you’ll find information to plan your conference including apartment features, rates, meeting and recreational locations, dining and payment.
- Apartments have either two or four bedrooms. Guests may choose double occupancy (two people per bedroom) or single occupancy (one person per bedroom). Each bedroom is furnished with two of the following: extra-long twin beds, closets and desks.
- Linens (sheets, blankets, pillows and towels) are not included, but some conference guests may request them as part of their package.
- Two-bedroom apartments have one shared bathroom and four-bedroom apartments have two shared bathrooms.
- Each apartment has a fully furnished living and dining room, as well as a storage room.
- Kitchens include a stove, microwave and a refrigerator. Apartments in Phase II have a dishwasher. (Cookware, plates, cups and utensils are not included.)
- Central air conditioning
- Wireless internet
- Access to the Lounge, Conference Room and Computer Lab
- Laundry facilities
- Ample parking adjacent to each building.
- For additional fees, you may rent classrooms, meeting rooms and sports facilities on campus. Please let us know what you need.
What is the cost to per guest?
Rooms are double occupancy (two people per bedroom). Guests may request to stay by themselves (one person per bedroom), but will have to pay the single occupancy rate. The summer rates are as follows:
|Room Type||Cost per Night|
|Single Occupancy||$44.10 per night|
|Double Occupancy||$37.80 per night|
Some conference groups may arrange to have meals at our Dining Commons. You must make arrangements to purchase food packages prior to your arrival.
For more information on other options on campus, visit Food on Campus.
The University requires all vehicles to display a parking permit when parked on campus. Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Guests must have a temporary parking permit displayed in their vehicle at all times.
Conference guests may park in Lot 7. Day or overnight passes may be purchased for $6.45 a day with cash or credit card from Kiosk 30 in Lot 7. Conference guests who stay at least eight nights may purchase a monthly parking pass for Lot 7A from the Conference Coordinator for $39.50.
- Game Room with a pool table, pingpong table and television
- Basketball court
- Sand volleyball court
- Several spacious open lawn areas for outdoor activities
Your group’s coordinator is responsible for disseminating the rules and regulations to your group. Guests must abide by them as they benefit conference both participants and the residential community. The Conference License Agreement explains our policies on quiet hours, room principles, computer use, weapons, alcohol, safety and security.
Reservations are offered based on space availability so make your reservation as early as possible. Here are the steps to complete a reservation:
- Complete the Summer Conference Guest Housing Request Form (currently not available). To complete the form digitally, download the form and open in Adobe Acrobat.
- Fax, email, or mail the form to Conference Services. You can find our info on the contact page.
- Then we will contact you with more information regarding costs and details.
- After you’ve confirmed with us that you want to proceed with contracting a space, we’ll email you a Conference Services License Agreement.
- You will sign the Conference Services License Agreement and return it with payment. (If you’re under the age of 18, your parent or guardian will need to sign it as well.)
- You’ll move in on agreed date and time. Please note that if you are delayed, you will not be able to check in after 9 p.m.