The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program is a federally funded program administered by the Center for Student Financial Aid that provides part-time employment opportunities to earn money to help pay education expenses through on and off-campus jobs. Students can work up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session.
Work Study funds are limited. Priority funding consideration will be given to students who submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the March 2nd priority filing deadline.
Financial aid recipients that are interested in FWS may submit a FAN Change Form to request an award. FWS funds will be dependent upon the determination of the student's aid eligibility and the availability of funds.
- Must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current award year.
- Must have a financial need of at least $500.
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- Must be enrolled at least half-time. (6 units undergraduate; 4 units graduate).
- Must have an official award notification from the Financial Aid Office.
How to Search for Available Work Study positions:
- Register through Handshake
Visit the Center Development Center