Welcome to the California State University, Los Angeles Scholarship website!
The Center for Student Financial Aid Office is excited to announce the launching the Academic Works online scholarship application for Cal State L.A. students.
What are the advantages of the AcademicWorks online scholarship system?
- It is available to prospective and current Cal State L.A. students 24/7 during the application period
- It performs an auto-match process, which matches students with available Cal State LA "On-Campus" scholarship opportunities
- It enables students to upload their Personal Statement/Essay electronically
- It allows students to request a Letter of Recommendation electronically
- It allows freshman students to upload their High School transcript electronically
- It allows students to save the information and complete the application as time permits
2015/16 Cal State L.A. Scholarship Application
The priority application period will open the week of May 8th and will close on June 12th, 2015. As additional scholarships opportunities will be added to the AcademicWorks system throughout the year, it is possible to be considered for a scholarship after June 12th without having to refile a new scholarship application.
How to Apply
To apply to any of the Cal State L.A. scholarships listed, click on the following link https://calstatela.academicworks.com/ and you will be redirected to the “MyCSULA” login page. You will need your “MyCSULA” user ID and password to sign in and begin the scholarship application process.
Please note: If you have not activated your “MyCSULA” account, please go to https://id.calstatela.edu/idm/user/login.jsp to complete the activation process. You may also contact the ITS Help Desk at 323-343-6170 for additional assistance.
Tips on what you will need to apply for Cal State L.A. General Scholarships:
- Submit a personal statement/essay-in two pages or less, tell us about yourself. Focus primarily on your academic/career/life goals, indicating how past achievements, hardships you have overcome, or family influences are related to these goals. Tell us about your service experiences and extracurricular activities if applicable.
- Students are required to submit at least (1) letter of recommendation no more than (2). Letters of recommendation(s) may come from a current or former instructor, academic advisor, counselor, mentor or employer.
Before requesting a letter of recommendation, be sure to do the following:
- Identify the person who will be writing the letters of recommendation
- Give the person writing your letter of recommendation a “brag sheet” of all your accomplishments
- Make sure the person writing and submitting your letter of recommendation knows who you are and can provide an accurate assessment of your scholastic achievements/abilities
- Be sure to share an overview of the scholarship opportunities you are interested in
- Be sure to inform the person writing the letter on your behalf that hard copies will not be accepted
- All letters must be on letterhead and submitted via the AcademicWorks scholarship portal
- Be sure to thank the person for agreeing to write and submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf
Obtaining a letter of Recommendation
When you complete the general scholarship application, you will be prompted to add your References' name(s) and email address(es). Your References will be notified via email. You may log in at any time to see if your references have replied
Things to keep in mind
- Keep in mind that some scholarships may require additional information besides the general application such as, an art project, an audition or performance
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
What to expect after submitting the General Scholarship Application?
- An email confirming receipt of the application
- An award notification email will be communicated if you are selected for an award
- Receipt of any award must be coordinated in accordance to federal, state and institutional awarding policies
What to do if you are selected for a scholarship?
- Before you can accept an award, you must submit a thank-you letter
When can you expect a response regarding eligibility?
- If selected, expect a response via e-mail in late Fall 2015
Please note: Meeting the qualification criteria means you will be entered into the pool of applicants and possibly be considered for a particular scholarship. Submitting an application does not guarantee you will receive a scholarship.
Special Announcements and Other Resources: