After you receive an official offer of admission, please follow these important steps to ensure a smooth transition to Cal State LA (click on each section to expand, or visit the expanded webpage for the full text):
Submit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit and Preliminary Transcripts no later than May 1st to accept your Offer of Admission
- Your $100 (USD) Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD). For more information, visit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit webpage.
- Official, preliminary transcripts from each and every college/university attended, and if used for course credit, official test scores (e.g. AP, CLEP, IB, etc.). We require an official transcript from every institution attended even if an institution's courses are also reported on another institution's transcript. For Fall admission, ensure grades earned through the prior fall term are included.
Satisfy the Terms of your Admission Offer
- Completion of at least 60 transferable semester units (or 90 transferable quarter units).
- Completion of the CSU GE requirements in Written Communication, Oral Communication, Critical Thinking and Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning, with grades of “C” of higher;
- Be in good academic standing at last institution attended.
- Minimum overall 2.00 transferable GPA; and final overall transferable GPA that is the same, or higher than, what was reported on the Admission Application (or if applicable, the Program Preparation Information Form). While some decrease in GPA may continue to meet admission eligibility, declines below admission cutoffs will result in withdrawal of the offer.
- For impacted programs, completion of major-specific preparation courses as reported in the Program Preparation Information Form, and attaining the required minimum grades.
- Completion of the Transfer Associates Degree as planned if admission was based on pursuit of this degree program.
- Fall Admission: July 15 and must include grades through the spring term
- Spring Admission: TBD