After you receive an official offer of admission, please follow these important steps to ensure a smooth transition to Cal State LA (click on each section to see more information):
(1) Submit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit no later than May 1st
(2) Satisfy the Terms of your Admission Offer
Most first-time freshman applicants are still attending high school at the time of application and admission decisions are normally made on self-reported information before fall grades are available. Therefore, offers of admission for first-time freshman applicants are almost always provisional.
Admission offers will remain provisional until we have verified that you reported accurately on your admission application and that you meet all of the following admission requirements by the end of the Spring term, prior to enrollment at Cal State LA:
- Completion each of the courses in the comprehensive pattern of college preparatory subject requirement (“a-g” courses) with a grade of 'C' or better;
- Have an overall final high school GPA in college preparatory courses that is the same, or higher than, what was reported on the Admission Application. While some decrease in GPA may continue to meet admission eligibility, declines below admission cutoffs will result in the withdrawal of the admission offer; and
- Graduation from high school, or earned a California High School Equivalency Certificate or GED.
Failure to meet the above conditions will result in the rescinding of the admission offer. To be considered for admission to Cal State LA for a future term, please be aware that you must meet admission deadlines and requirements that are in effect at that time.
For Fall term admission, final official High School transcript(s) showing the date of graduation must be submitted no later than July 15. After final academic records are reviewed, you will receive an email sharing that your admission has been finalized, or rescinded for not meeting the conditions.
Students are allowed to attend Golden Eagle Orientation and register for classes prior to the audit of their admission decision. Some students may be required to self-report their senior grades prior to orientation to ensure they are on track for completion of the admission requirements. If the admission offer is rescinded after enrollment, the classes will be administratively dropped.
(3) Apply for Housing
Living on campus offers numerous opportunities for students to build lifelong friendships, develop as leaders and achieve academic success. We offer apartment-style residence halls that are a short walk to class, the University-Student Union and various campus resources. To learn more, visit the Housing and Residence Life webpage. (Be aware: Before you apply for Housing, you must first submit your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD).)
(4) Participate in the Early Start Program
To better prepare students for academic success at Cal State LA, new freshmen who demonstrate they will require academic support to successfully complete college-level mathematics and/or English composition will be required to begin Math and/or English courses in the summer. Additional information will be sent beginning in April to students who have accepted the offer of admission. For more information, visit the Early Start Program webpage.
(5) Submit your Final Transcript(s) no later than July 15th
To verify your final admission eligibility, please plan to submit official, final high school transcripts and, if applicable, official SAT, ACT, or AP/IB test scores after high school graduation.
- To be considered final, the transcript must include courses/grades completed through final semester of your senior year, and your high school graduation date.
- If you have already graduated from high school, please submit an official transcript after you submit the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit. You do not have to wait until the final transcript deadline; documents can be submitted earlier if you have already graduated from high school.
- If you took courses at a college/university prior to high school graduation, and the credit is not noted on your high school transcript, please also plan to submit a separate college transcript.
For Fall admission, final transcripts (and test scores) are due July 15th. If you take college courses in the summer prior to enrolling at Cal State LA, you must submit another set of final transcript(s) with grades posted, by September 1st.
For more information about official academic records, and how to submit them, visit the Submitting Documents webpage. To view the specific missing documents, please visit your GET Self-Service Student Center To Do List.