Master of Science Degree in Kinesiology
The Master of Science degree in Kinesiology prepares students to (a) progress in a professional career in exercise and fitness, rehabilitation and therapeutic exercise, physical education teaching, or community leadership; and (b) embark on further graduate study in a doctoral program in Kinesiology or a related discipline.
Admission to the Program
Admission to the graduate program in Kinesiology is a two-step process. First, students must be admitted to the University by satisfying the University requirements which are listed in the on-line University Catalogue under the Graduate and Post-baccalaureate Admission Requirements. Second, students must apply to the Kinesiology MS degree program by providing the following materials to the School of Kinesiology and Nutritional Science:
- Separate application for admission to the MS degree program in Kinesiology ( Application for Admission Form)
- Additional set of official academic transcripts showing the highest degree earned.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation and G.R.E. scores with the Kinesiology application. (Graduate Program Recommendation Form)
- Personal statement of the goals for graduate study. (Statement of Goals for Graduate Study Form)
- Application for Graduate Assistantship Form
To be accepted, students must have a grade point average of at least 2.75 from the last 90 quarter units (60 semester units) and appropriate undergraduate preparation in kinesiology or in a related field. Students with undergraduate or graduate degrees in fields other than kinesiology may be required to take an additional set of predetermined undergraduate prerequisite courses specific to the various options of the graduate Kinesiology program.For degree requirements select the "Academic Programs" link and scroll down to the "Kinesiology" link from the University Catalog webpage. You are also welcome to print a copy of our Graduate Student Handbook in case you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC.)
For specific information about options please contact: