The College of Ethnic Studies Advising Center is committed to providing holistic support and engaging educational advising sessions that aim to empower and validate students' unique academic journeys at Cal State LA. In collaboration with the campus community, CoES Advising encourages students to be active partners in exploring and developing plans to achieve their education, career, and life goals.
- Provide timely, accurate, and intentional advising to all undergraduate students.
- Establish a culture of shared responsibility and accountability for student academic success.
- Foster interactions that recognize and validate each student's unique identity, contributions, interests, academic, career, and life goals.
- Leverage e-advising tools and student success data to provide effective proactive advising efforts to improve retention and graduation rates.
- Assess and evaluate academic advising efforts, services, and strategies to continuously improve practices for student success.
- Utilize academic advising practices (developmental, appreciative, holistic, and culturally responsive) that contribute to student's sense of belonging and close the equity-gap.
Meet Your Advisor
Hello! I'm the College of Ethnic Studies Advisor for undergraduate students, and I'm looking forward to meeting you. I welcome all of your questions as you chart your educational path at Cal State LA.