The Office for Students with Disabilities provides reasonable accommodations for students who are deaf or hard of hearing (DHH). Accommodations may include‚ but are not necessarily limited to:
- ASL interpreting
- Real-time captioning services
- The use of closed caption on all media
- Notification to faculty regarding use of frequency modulation (FM) systems.
The role of real-time captioners and interpreters in the classroom is to provide students with access to content that is delivered by spoken words and sound. In order to receive timely DHH services‚ students eligible for DHH accommodations should do the following each semester:
- Request the accommodation using the OSD Online Services (AIM)
- For custom requests, contact OSD two weeks prior to the date services are needed.
*Please note that our office strives to provide the utmost quality of captioning and interpreting services. Understand that we meet the goals of this service as set forth by the ADA. Personal preferences of individual services may not be feasible. However, we will exhaust all efforts to meet reasonable accommodation requests.
For additional questions regarding DHH services, please contact OSD.