Thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies in the College of Natural and Social Sciences at California State University, Los Angeles. We offer sixteen master's degree programs and five post-baccalaureate certificate programs from which you may choose. No matter what course of study you pursue in our state-of-the-art facilities, you will collaborate with diverse and well-prepared peers, be mentored by outstanding faculty, and draw upon the wide-ranging resources of the major institutions and organizations within the greater Los Angeles area. Whether you seek career enhancement, scholarly or professional advancement, or simply the joy of acquiring further knowledge, we offer outstanding value for your investment. Let us assist you in the attainment of your dreams.
Master's Degree Programs
Master's Degree Programs in the College of Natural and Social Sciences:
- Anthropology M.A.
- Biology M.S.
- Chemistry M.S.
- Chicana(o) and Latina(o) Studies M.A.
- Environmental Science M.S.
- Geography M.A.
- Geological Sciences M.S.
- History M.A.
- Latin American Studies M.A.
- Mathematics M.S.
- Physics M.S.
- Political Science M.A.
- Public Administration M.P.A.
- Psychology M.A.
- Psychology M.S.
- Sociology M.A.
Postbaccalaureate Certificate Programs:
Graduate Studies Forms
Graduate Program Forms and Applications
- GS-8 Post-Baccalaureate/Graduate Student Status Change
- GS-10 Advance to candidacy
- General Academic Petition for Graduate Requirements
- Leave of Absence Form
- Qualifying Courses Form
- Request for Graduate Credit for Undergraduate Work
The following forms are not required by the College or University. However, a department may choose to use these forms for their own internal purposes.
- GS-5 Course Subsitution
- GS-12 Request for Thesis or Project Committee and Title
- Report of Comprehensive Examination
- Report of Oral Defense of Thesis
Handbook and Faculty Checklist
Download: NSS Graduate Studies Handbook (PDF)
Criteria and procedures for Faculty Advisors, Department Chairs, Department Staff, and Graduate Students.
Download: Faculty Checklist (PDF)
Q & A