Thank you for your interest in pursuing graduate studies in the College of Natural and Social Sciences at California State University, Los Angeles. We offer fifteen master's degree programs and two post-baccalaureate certificate programs from which you may choose. No matter what course of study you pursue in our state-of-the-art facilities, you will collaborate with diverse and well-prepared peers, be mentored by outstanding faculty, and draw upon the wide-ranging resources of the major institutions and organizations within the greater Los Angeles area. Whether you seek career enhancement, scholarly or professional advancement, or simply the joy of acquiring further knowledge, we offer outstanding value for your investment. Let us assist you in the attainment of your dreams.
Master's Degree Programs
Master's Degree Programs in the College of Natural and Social Sciences:
- Anthropology M.A.
- Biology M.S.
- Chemistry M.S.
- Chicano Studies M.A.
- Environmental Science M.S.
- Geography M.A.
- Geological Sciences M.S.
- History M.A.
- Latin American Studies M.A.
- Mathematics M.S.
- Physics M.S.
- Political Science M.A.
- Public Administration M.P.A.
- Psychology M.A.
- Psychology M.S.
- Sociology M.A.
Postbaccalaureate Certificate Programs:
Graduate Studies Forms
Graduate Program Forms and Applications
- GS-1A Transfer Course Evaluation
- GS-5 Course substitution
- GS-8 Post-Baccalaureate/Graduate Student Status Change
- GS-10 Advance to candidacy
- GS-12 Request for Thesis or Project Committee and Title
- LS-2 Application for Readmission to Master's Degree Program
- Leave of Absence Petition
- NSS Policy - Extension of Time to Complete Incomplete Grades
- General Academic Petition for Graduate Requirements
- Report of Comprehensive Examination
- Report of Oral Defense of Thesis
- Request for Graduate Credit for Undergraduate Work
Download: NSS Graduate Studies Handbook (PDF)
Criteria and procedures for Faculty Advisors, Department Chairs, Department Staff, and Graduate Students.
Q & A