Welcome to the Cal State L.A. Gigabit wireless network.
The following resources are useful for all students, employees and guests requiring access to the campus wireless network.
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Using Windows 7
- Connecting to Wi-Fi Using Android
- Guest Access to the Wireless Network
- Reporting a Network Problem
- User Guidelines for Wireless Access
- Vice President's Announcement: September 17, 2014
- Wireless Hot Spot Map
- Wireless Quick Reference Guide
Improving our Campus Wi-Fi Network
On September 18, 2014, Information Technology Services launched the new Gigabit Wi-Fi network, 802.11ac, the very latest standard in wireless technology. Owners of new mobile devices enabled for gigabit speeds, including the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note Pro, are able to take immediate advantage of the gigabit network speeds. Users with older 802.11n enabled devices will experience data transfer speeds up to three times faster than our previous network. In addition to replacing 550 existing access points, 209 new access points were installed to further enhance both network coverage and capacity.
ITS is committed to staying ahead of the curve by providing reliable, comprehensive network coverage for Cal State L.A. students, faculty, staff and guests.