Identity Finder is the latest tool in the University's mission to reduce its risk from fraud and identity theft. Identity Finder helps users locate and easily protect or securely dispose of hidden and forgotten data such as files containing social security numbers, credit card and bank account information, passwords, addresses, and phone numbers residing on your office computer, laptop or electronic storage devices.
For more information about Identity Finder, click below.
- What is protected data?
- What specific protected data can Identity Finder locate?
- Why clean-up protected data?
- Why can't Information Technology Services do this for me?
- How long will it take to clean my computer?
- Can I stop the clean-up and return to finish it later?
- Can Identity Finder detect protected data on my flash drive?
- I forgot to scan my electronic storage media. Can I still scan it?
- How do I obtain the Identity Finder tool?
- What options do I have for managing my confidential files?
- Is Identity Finder difficult to use?
- Can I download a copy of the software on my personal computer?