About Our Students
We provide a variety of services to connect you with students and the campus community. The College of Business and Economics has one of the most driven and ready-to-work student body in southern California. We have a distinct advantage, that our diverse student population mirrors the global business environment. Since the majority of our undergraduates and graduates are working while they earn their degree, our students are experienced, hard-working multi-taskers who are ready to work, and ready to lead. As a college, we are committed to delivering high-quality, accessible and affordable undergraduate programs. Here are some key areas of our student focus:
- Interpersonal, team work, leadership and communications skills
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Functional knowledge and technical skills
- Intellectual curiosity that promotes lifelong learning
There are several ways to recruit with us. We host various events throughout the year to accommodate the needs of the recruiting employers. Below are the types you can choose from, but if you need a more custom- tailored event, we can accommodate ways to help you recruit. We would welcome the opportunity to work with you to fulfill your hiring needs.
Recruit for Full-Time Jobs and Internships
- Information Sessions - A formal presentation you make about your company. You may use PowerPoint, audiovisual or internet resources. These sessions are normally set for 50 students. Often employers will interview students after their presentation.
- Career Fair- Twice a year we host career fairs for employers to come and set up a booth to meet our students. Generally held in the fall and spring. Please contact Lorin Leone at Lorin.Leone2@calsatela.edu or (323) 343-2818 for dates and more information.
- Panel Discussions – These panels give employers an opportunity to engage with our students on a more personal level. We use these panels to discuss new and emerging business topics in a panel format. Serve as an experienced professional on one of our quarterly panels where we discuss new and emerging business topics to inform our students.
- Post a position on Eagle ijobs - Eagle iJobs is the university-wide job and internship database. You may specify candidate criteria, such as major, class year, etc. To access the Eagle iJobs, please click here.
- Participate in a workshop - Partner with us to host a skill-building workshop (e.g., mock interviewing, presentation skills, speed networking) or serve as an industry panelist.
Internships for credit
California State University, Los Angeles partners with companies to help facilitate opportunities for students in internships. When employers request academic credit for their internships, they must comply with a mandated policy from the CSU system, Executive Order 1064. Under this order, companies are mandated to submit general liability insurance, surveys and a contract with signature, so a student can register for the academic course of which they will be interning. The process can take a minimum of 2-4 weeks.
For more individualized information, please contact the College of Business & Economics Placement Coordinator, Lorin Leone at:
Lorin.Leone2@calstatela.edu or (323) 343-2818.
|So Cal Edison||TTI||Sherwin Williams||Robert Half|
|NW Mutual||NY Life||UPS||Boeing|
|Deloitte||Disney||DreamWorks||Ernst & Young|
|Fox Radio||KPMG||KTLA||Lionsgate Entertainment|
|McGladrey||Moss Adams, LLP||NASA / JPL||Price Waterhouse Cooper|