"Preparing students for a career and life after college"
One of the largest problems today in the American workforce is the gap between soft and hard skills and expectations of employers, which is not limited to Cal State L.A. "Barely one in 10 (11%) business leaders strongly agree that college graduates have the skills and competencies that their workplaces need." In addition, Gallup found that “one-third of students believe they will graduate with the skills and knowledge to be successful in the job market (34%) and in the workplace (36%). Just half (53%) believe their major will lead to a good job.”
Program Highlights, BUS 4540:
- Learn from and network with guest speakers from prestigious companies
- Learn critical soft and hard skills required by employers in today's workforce
- Build your network with fellow students from your cohort
- No cost for textbooks or personality assessments
- Sophomore Track: 1-Unit per semester over the span of three years
- Junior Track: 1-2 Units per semester over the span of two years
The National Association of Colleges and Employers define career readiness as mastering the following skills:
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Oral/Written Communications
- Digital Technology
- Career Management
- Global/Intercultural Fluency
- You must be a College of Business and Economics student and enrolled in 15 or more units to participate.
- Please note your admissions offer will remain provisional until the Admissions Office has verified your final transcripts.
- Class dates, speakers, and topics are subject to change.