Appeals to Admission Decisions
This appeals process is NOT for:
- For Residency related appeals, visit the CSU Residency for Tuition Purposes webpage.
- To update, or submit missing information, for your admissions application prior to an admission decision, visit the Application Updates webpage.
Admission decisions are based on the evaluation of the self-reported data submitted on your CSU Mentor admission application and/or received academic records. A review of this submitted information was used to determine your eligibility for admission to the University. Failure to meet the established admission criteria, or related deadlines, will negatively affect your admission/enrollment eligibility and may not be appealed.
All requests must include documentation related to the extraordinary circumstances you wish to be considered for the appeal. You must prove that you meet the established admission criteria for your classification (freshman or transfer) and/or that you did not miss any admission and enrollment related deadlines.
Appeals will be considered once, and decisions rendered are final and non-negotiable. Applicants submitting appeals will be notified via e-mail regarding the final appeal decisions, and are advised not to change their existing college or educational pursuits while waiting for the appeal decision. Cal State LA applicants should verify that their current e-mail address on Golden Eagle Territory (GET) is accurate, as the university uses e-mail as the official means of communication.
In preparing your appeal, please understand the following:
- Letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- Appeal letters must be written and submitted by applicant.
- Applicants may only submit one appeal per term.
For all appeals, please note the following:
- Appeals submitted via e-mail or fax will not be considered.
- All appeals must be submitted within 15 business days of the notice of admission decision, or after a posted admission related deadline.
- Appeals will be considered once, and decisions rendered are final and non-negotiable.
- Appeal packets should include:
- Cal State LA Admissions Appeal Form (download, fill out, save and print to submit with packet)
- Letter of Appeal
- Documentation to support your appeal (e.g., transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, proof of mailing/submission of requested information, etc.)
- Incomplete packets will not be considered and will not be returned for completion. They will be denied and cannot be re-submitted.
- An acknowledgement of receipt of your appeal packet will be e-mailed to you within 5-7 business days.