Appeals to Admission Decisions
NOTE: This process is NOT for:
- Residency related appeals.
- Requests to update, or submit missing information, for your admissions application. To learn how to update your application, visit www.calstatela.edu/univ/admiss/appupdate.php.
Admission decisions were based on the evaluation of the self-reported data submitted on your CSU Mentor admission application. A review of this submitted information was used to determine your eligibility for admission to the University. (Note: Failure to meet the established admission criteria, or related deadlines, will negatively affect your admission/enrollment eligibility and may not be appealed.)
All requests must include documentation related to the extraordinary circumstances you wish to be considered for the appeal. You must prove that you meet the established admission criteria for your classification (freshman or transfer) and/or that you did not miss any admission and enrollment related deadlines.
Appeals will be considered once, and decisions rendered are final and non-negotiable. Applicants submitting appeals will be notified via e-mail regarding the final appeal decisions, and are advised not to change their existing college or educational pursuits while waiting for the appeal decision. (Note: Cal State L.A. applicants should verify that their current e-mail address on Golden Eagle Territory (GET) is accurate, as the university uses e-mail as the official means of communication.)
In preparing your appeal, please understand the following:
- Letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- Reporting errors made on the application is not an admissions appeal; applicants should visit www.calstatela.edu/univ/admiss/appupdate.php, and update their application by the term’s application update deadline. Failure to meet this deadline is not a basis for an appeal.
- Appeal letters must be written and submitted by applicant.
- Applicants may only submit one appeal per term
For all appeals, please note the following:
- Appeals submitted via e-mail or fax will not be considered.
- All appeals must be submitted within 15 business days of the notice of admission decision, or after a posted admission related deadline. (Please note: The request form below is NOT the official admission appeal form).
- Appeals will be considered once, and decisions rendered are final and non-negotiable.
- Appeal packets should include:
- Cal State L.A. Admissions Appeal Form (may be requested via the online form below)
- Letter of Appeal
- Documentation to support your appeal (e.g., transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, proof of mailing/submission of requested information, etc.)
- Incomplete packets will not be considered and will not be returned for completion. They will be denied and cannot be re-submitted.
- An acknowledgement of receipt of your appeal packet will be e-mailed to you within 5-7 business days.
If you feel you qualify for an appeal, please submit an online request for an admission appeal form. All fields must be completed, and the information provided will be used to determine your eligibility for an appeal.
After submitting the online request form, please allow 5-7 business days for an e-mailed response.
If it is determined that you qualify for an appeal, a Cal State L.A. admissions appeal form will be e-mailed to you. Please follow all instructions provided on the appeal form.