Golden Eagle Parent Orientation
As a biological or adoptive parent, legal guardian, primary caretaker, or family support member of a first-time freshman at Cal State LA, you are a highly valued member of our campus community! We know that our students draw support from many sources, and so we use the term "parent" to indicate anyone who is providing that critical emotional, financial, and physical encouragement and assistance.
Golden Eagle Parent Orientation is a one-day program designed to introduce you to the resources available at the University, and to the people who help make our campus a fantastic place to learn and grow.
What are the benefits of attending Golden Eagle Parent Orientation?
- Receive advice on how you can help your student while they are in college
- Discuss important issues with other parents of first-year students
- Tour the campus and learn about the resources and student support services available
- Enjoy lunch with other parents, faculty, staff, and students
- Learn about additional support programs for parents
Golden Eagle Parent Orientation offers two options for your attendance:
- You may attend orientation with your student. Parent/Student sessions take place on specific weekday dates only (listed below). You and your student will begin your day together, and then you will transition to learning environments geared especially for you as parents, while your student gets the opportunity to network with other first-year students. Spaces are limited.
- You may attend parent-only orientation. Parent-Only sessions take place on Saturday dates (listed below). The Saturday program provides the same educational content, but allows you more opportunities to network with other parents on a convenient weekend day. As spaces are limited for the Parent/Student program, we do strongly encourage you to consider attending the Parent-Only session.
The fee to attend Golden Eagle Parent Orientation is $46 per person.
To Sign Up
Once your student accesses the online reservation system, they can select dates based on their academic college. If they select one of the dates listed above, they will have the option of adding you as a "guest." Both Orientation fees will need to be paid at that time (student and parents) in order to complete the reservation and secure your place.
If you are interested in attending the Parent-Only Orientation date, please visit this link: https://commerce.cashnet.com/csulapay. You will need your student's Campus Identification Number (CIN). From there, you will be able to select "Fall 2017 Parent-Only Orientation Fee."
A Year-Long Connection
We want to stay connected to you throughout the school year! In addition to Parent Orientation, Cal State LA also offers other academic, social, and service programs, events, and opportunities for parents and families. Your direct contact information (phone number, email address) is collected from your student when they reserve their space for Orientation, and we use that information to contact you directly regarding activities geared especially towards parents and families. We NEVER share this information with any other entities outside of the University, and you can opt out of our communications at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org (your information will be permanently deleted from our database). Learn a bit more about some of our other programs and services: