Information Technology Services (ITS) provides anytime, anywhere access to the Cal State L.A. network through a secure virtual private network (SSL VPN). This provides students, faculty and staff access to resources from any computer with an internet connection.
Before attempting to connect to the VPN, please consider the following:
- Only install VPN software on your off-site computer if you have broadband service.
- An active firewall on your off-site computer may need to be configured to grant access to the running VPN application.
- While connected to the campus, all of your traffic will pass through the campus network (including Internet).
- To help protect your off-site computer and our campus network, we strongly recommend using and regularly updating antivirus software on your off-site computer.
Please use the links below for instructions on how to connect to the campus network through the VPN. Please make sure you select the appropriate instructions for either students, or faculty and staff. If you have questions or need assistance installing or using the CSULA VPN, please call the ITS Help Desk at (323) 343-6170.
VPN Access instructions for Faculty and Staff:
- VPN Access for Faculty and Staff (Mac OS X) (PDF)
- VPN Access for Faculty and Staff (Windows 7 and 8) (PDF)
- VPN Access for Faculty and Staff (Windows XP) (PDF)
- VPN Access for Faculty and Staff (Mobile Devices) (PDF)
VPN Access instructions for Students: